Samajwadi Party backs the government over nuclear dealJuly 8th, 2008 - 4:49 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 8 (ANI): As the Left parties announced their withdrawal of support to the government over the nuclear deal, which has been a bone of contention, the Samajwadi Party today announced that it will support the government.
Addressing reporters here, Samajwadi Party General Secretary Amar Singh said, We will give full support to the government in Parliament with our 39 members. We also endorse the nuclear deal as it is in the interest of our country.
We also want to condemn the remarks of those people who connect this deal with minorities. Everybody is an Indian first, and then of any religion. We also have members who belong to the minority class, he added.
Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav said that his party would send its members to sensitize people to the benefits of the deal.
He said it was necessary to tackle communal powers.
Unless they are tackled, the country would be divided into pieces. Nation’’s unity is prime for our party, he added. (ANI)
- Mulayam keeps Congress guessing on presidential race (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Parties divided over minority quota - Dec 23, 2011
- Amar Singh being framed: Mulayam - Jul 24, 2011
- Leaders, aides deny WikiLeaks claims - Mar 17, 2011
- Communal violence casts a shadow on Uttar Pradesh - Aug 15, 2012
- Amar Singh calls for division of UP to boost development - Nov 04, 2010
- Had no other option but support Pranab: SP - Jun 16, 2012
- From stars to Tihar, Amar Singh's fall from grace - Sep 06, 2011
- Samajwadi Party does a somersault, backs Pranab (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Presidential poll: SP to await UPA, NDA choices - Jun 09, 2012
- Amar Singh to be questioned Friday over 2008 'horse trading' - Jul 21, 2011
- Mulayam says no to joining UPA government (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- No differences in UPA on presidential choice: Congress - Jun 12, 2012
- Cash-for-votes scam: Sanjeev Saxena arrested - Jul 17, 2011
- Ram Gopal cajoles cousin Mulayam to go with Pranab Babu - Jun 15, 2012