Russia’s richest tycoon names $100 mn Yacht after motherJune 1st, 2012 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 1 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia’s richest businessmen Alisher Usmanov has named his new $100-million yacht after his mother, a daily reported.
The 66-metre ship which was named Dilbar after the tycoon’s mother, includes a swimming pool, helicopter landing pad, gym, a dining area and posh cabins for 20 guests.
Usmanov, with an estimated fortune of around $18 billion, is listed as number one on Forbes’ list of Russia’s richest businessmen.
According to Russian Izvestia daily, he recently sold his cruise ship Natita and bought a $100-million yacht which was built in 2005 by the Dutch yacht-building company, Oceanco.
Usmanov, owner of Metalloinvest metals giant and a major shareholder in London’s Arsenal Football Club, sold his previous yacht to a US businessman who rents it for almost $500,000 per week.
Many businessmen who own yachts give them for rent to cover maintenance and parking cost which usually comprise up to 10 percent of the ship’s price.
The tycoon, however, will not rent Dilbar through yacht renting companies, but only personally, a spokesperson for the Burgess Yachts, a company that maintains Usmanov’s ship told the daily.
- Russia's Kommersant ends TV channel - Jun 27, 2012
- Russian journalists fired for photos targeting Putin - Dec 13, 2011
- Facebook files for $5 bn IPO - Feb 02, 2012
- Moscow to spend about $892 mn on hospitals' renovation - Apr 25, 2011
- Russia to sell armoured vehicles to Indonesia - Jan 31, 2012
- Russia wants strike drone - Apr 02, 2012
- Malaysia plans to buy 18 more Russian fighter jets - Nov 15, 2011
- Russia printing Syrian currency - Jun 14, 2012
- China refutes delivering missile launchers to North Korea - Jun 13, 2012
- US keeps Russia on 'national threat' list - Aug 17, 2012
- Russia to sell 52 choppers to China - Sep 06, 2012
- Russia needs defence research body: NATO envoy - Nov 17, 2011
- Russia unveils robot for space missions - Mar 07, 2012
- Russia to dispose of 4 million guns, including AK-47s - Mar 15, 2012
- Ukrainian court jails radioactive metal thieves - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: 100 million, arsenal football club, burgess, businessmen, cruise ship, dg, dining area, dutch yacht, forbes list, helicopter landing, izvestia daily, landing pad, ria novosti russia, spokesperson, swimming pool, tycoon, us businessman, usmanov, yacht building, yachts