Russian kid found living with cowsJuly 28th, 2012 - 9:56 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 28 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Social workers in Russia’s western Urals region have taken into their care a five-year-old girl who spent most of her life in a cowshed.
The girl’s mother and stepfather, both farmers in Perm region, did not take her to kindergarten and forced her to stay with the farm animals to keep her off their hands, the Uralinform.ru website reported.
The girl had cigarette butts for toys.
She was also frequently locked in a cupboard when she got in the way of her alcoholic parents, the Moskovsky Komsomolets said. The father also frequently beat her up.
The girl cannot speak or eat with knife or fork. Instead, she grunts and drinks milk straight from the pot.
A case has been opened into the incident and the girl sent to a rehabilitation centre.
The girl is not the only neglected child in the area. Last winter, social services took away from a seven-month-old infant from her parents after she was found living in an unheated house on a diet of chips and pickles.
- 10-year-old becomes Russia's youngest inventor - Apr 07, 2012
- Woman kills five while rushing beau to hospital - Jul 23, 2012
- Gunshot kills Russian government official - Dec 29, 2011
- Russian teenager attempts 'bank robbery' for suicide - Sep 07, 2012
- Woman stabs father, kills self - Sep 02, 2010
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- Russian pilot dies of heart attack mid-flight - Jan 21, 2012
- Boy abducted because of his name - Apr 05, 2012
- Russian woman kills hubby with frying pan - Apr 29, 2012
- Russia to test first combat drone in 2014 - Apr 20, 2012
- Russia needs fair elections: Gorbachev - Sep 22, 2011
- Russian woman jailed for killing 17 - Jun 04, 2012
- 17 died in New Year fires across Russia - Jan 03, 2012
- Woman in Russia jailed for selling newborn son - Jun 03, 2011
- Uzbek woman held with 2,000 tortoises - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: alcoholic parents, chips, cigarette butts, cowshed, cupboard, farm animals, farmers, kindergarten, last winter, living with cows, moscow, moskovsky, old girl, pickles, pot, rehabilitation centre, ria novosti, social services, social workers, urals region