Russia to offer cutting edge technology if India opts for MiG-35March 16th, 2008 - 11:36 am ICT by admin
Moscow, Mar 15 (ANI): Russia has offered to hand over the cutting-edge technology used in its MiG-35 jets to India if it opts for the multirole fighters.
“If the government of India decides to opt for our latest MiG-35 fighter, India will be handed key technologies incorporated in this Medium Multirole Combat Aircraft (MMRCA), some of which were developed for the fifth generation fighter,” Russian Aircraft Corporation (RAC) spokesperson Elena Fedorova said.
Russia has fielded its latest MiG-35 against US F-16, F-18, French Rafale, European Eurofighter and Swedish Grippen in the Indian tender for acquisition of 126 medium multirole fighters worth 10 billion dollars.
“This will also boost India-Russia business cooperation in hi-tech industry,” Fedorova said.
“RAC MiG has always delivered the most advanced technology and platforms to India, which for various political and secrecy considerations were denied to other countries,” Fedorova underscored citing the example of MiG-29, which was given to India ahead of any of the ex-Soviet Warsaw pact member country. (ANI)
- Why Russia is losing out in the Indian defence market (Comment) - Jun 14, 2012
- Price talks for 126 jets to begin this month: IAF chief - Mar 10, 2011
- Ratan Tata co-pilots Boeing fighter at air show - Feb 10, 2011
- New planes' induction will reduce air crashes: Antony - Feb 05, 2011
- India set for last lap in $10.4-bn combat plane tender - Nov 03, 2011
- US bats for its fighter aircraft makers - Jan 12, 2011
- Manmohan, Hollande talk India's $20-bn plane deal - Jun 20, 2012
- Defence ministry panel to consider combat jet deal next month - Sep 22, 2011
- India to pick combat fighter by mid-December - Nov 18, 2011
- Modern combat jets by 2020: Antony - Feb 23, 2011
- Eurofighter Typhoon to fly at Bangalore air show - Feb 05, 2011
- India opens combat plane tender bids; cost to go up - Nov 04, 2011
- Aircraft deal: IAF fears bid losers may complain to CVC - Feb 10, 2011
- EADS, Dassault asked to extend combat jet bids till December - Apr 28, 2011
- PM heading to Berlin, Germany to pitch for Eurofighter - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: aircraft corporation, business cooperation, combat aircraft, cutting edge technology, eurofighter, fifth generation, french rafale, generation fighter, government of india, indian tender, key technologies, member country, mig 29, mig 35 fighter, opts, rac, russia business, russian aircraft, swedish grippen, warsaw pact member