Rs.9 bn modernisation plan for Ahmedabad Civil HospitalNovember 12th, 2008 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Nov 12 (IANS) The Ahmedabad-based Civil Hospital, the biggest state-run hospital in Gujarat, will be modernised at a cost of Rs.9.11 billion (Rs.911.68 crore), Chief Minister Narendra Modi announced here Wednesday.The hospital, set up in 1952, will be renovated and its capacity would be increased from 2,150 beds to 5,150 beds, Modi told reporters.
“With the addition of the bed capacity it will be the biggest healthcare complex in Asia,” he said.
It will also have more operation theatres and other modern facilities.
Instead of the 600,000 patients it serves annually, 2.5 million patients would benefit once the project is completed in three phases by 2010 when the state will be celebrating its golden jubilee, the chief minister said.
“Gujarat is aiming for an impeccable record in HDI (human development index) and social infrastructure services. With public participation, various innovative initiatives are being implemented to bring a qualitative changes in the healthcare and its delivery mechanism. Inspired by the success, we have initiated the most ambitious project of transforming the Ahmedabad civil hospital,” Modi said.
- Kerala's health sector gets Rs.2,150 crore investment - Sep 11, 2012
- Fortis announces two new hospitals in Hyderabad, Agra - Nov 17, 2011
- Tata's Kolkata cancer treatment centre inaugurated - May 16, 2011
- Gujarat setting high medical tourism targets: Vyas - Dec 14, 2010
- Healthcare budget a put off: Private hospitals - Feb 28, 2011
- South Asians more prone to knee arthritis: Expert - Sep 10, 2011
- Gujarat sets 6 Guinness records in golden jubilee year - Jun 14, 2011
- Gujarat gets first green hospital - Nov 18, 2010
- Modi's fast biggest political stunt of the decade: Congress - Sep 21, 2011
- Modi alleges oppression, vows to fight - May 02, 2011
- Modi takes swipe at PM over delay in Games projects - Aug 31, 2010
- Super specialty hospital coming up in Assam - Jun 11, 2012
- Marathon held to celebrate 600 years of Gujarat - Dec 26, 2010
- India should collaborate more with US in healthcare: Prathap Reddy - Jul 25, 2012
- India's medical tourism to boom despite barriers: Expert - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: delivery mechanism, golden jubilee, hospital in gujarat, human development index, impeccable record, infrastructure services, operation theatres, public participation, qualitative changes, social infrastructure