Revolutionary road trip to spread climate awareness across IndiaJanuary 8th, 2009 - 3:14 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 8 (ANI): A group of the Indian Youth Climate Network (IYCN) are setting off on a month-long road tour across India to spread awareness about climate change and profile environmental solutions.
Melting glaciers, mounting heat and excessive rain; global climate change have been the topic of all policy makers throughout the world, with many implementing strategies to come up with solutions.
With many local solutions available, a group of seven passionate individuals from India and around the world have gathered in Chennai to bring an end to the countrys escalating climate related problems.
The Climate Solutions Road Tour is the first call of its kind to India’’s youth.
The travellers will traverse more than 3,500 kilometers through 20 cities to reach India’’s capital, Delhi, on February 4, reports Environmental News Network.
They will be accompanied by a solar-powered electric band, Solar Punch, and will travel in a medley of alternatively powered vehicles, including solar plug-in Reva electric cars, a sustainably produced plant-oil powered truck, a solar-roofed jeep, and a waste vegetable oil-powered van.
During visits to colleges and schools in each city, the team will conduct structured climate leadership trainings to encourage young people to create solutions in their local communities, envisioning and acting on the future they wish to see.
To support communication of solutions, the travellers will document the innovative approaches they encounter, along with additional commentary, on their website.
Events held in each city will celebrate local climate solutions, honouring the most inspirational and innovative expressions of this message through dance, music, and art. (ANI)
- Youths on cross-country mission to combat climate change - Jan 29, 2009
- Solar-powered New York rock band performs in Srinagar - Nov 12, 2011
- Band with a difference rocks Srinagar - for a message - Nov 12, 2011
- Solar-powered band rocks for a green earth - Feb 09, 2009
- Moscow to have solar-powered bus stops - Mar 16, 2012
- Solar power can meet up to 7 percent of India's energy needs - May 24, 2011
- Freiburg: the world's ecological model city (Feature) - Jul 12, 2011
- Dubai launches first road lit by solar energy - Jan 17, 2012
- Dikshit flags off solar car for world show - Sep 17, 2011
- Magsaysay awardee plans to electrify 1,000 rural homes - Nov 21, 2011
- Now is the time to save our future: Young India to climate summit - Dec 03, 2008
- Indian firm gets Gates Foundation grant for `eToilet' - Aug 16, 2012
- Bangalore youngsters show way to save the environment - Oct 24, 2009
- Indian, Israeli experts tap sun for hybrid power plants - Feb 14, 2012
- Hindus congratulate Pope for making Vatican as world's most environment friendly nation - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: capital delhi, chennai, climate network, climate solutions, countrys, dance music, environmental news, environmental solutions, excessive rain, global climate change, local solutions, medley, melting glaciers, passionate individuals, plant oil, reva electric cars, revolutionary road, road trip, sustainably, waste vegetable oil