Resveratrol: The New Miracle DrugMay 26th, 2009 - 12:40 am ICT by GD
For years, man has been looking for a way to protect cellular health and extended DNA repair time, in his search for a long youth and the remedy seems right in front of us, with these, and a lot more to offer. Resveratrol, the nutrient that slows down aging and aids in healthy living, is a nutrient found in the skin of red grapes, berries and peanuts, and is also an ingredient in red wine, is said to have anti-cancer, antiviral, neuro-protective, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and life prolonging properties.A number of plants produce this phytoalexin naturally when they are attacked by pathogens. The Japanese Knotwood yields this nutrient chemically.
Resveratrol is also known to stop Diabetes Type II and cancer at different stages, beginning at the initiation of a tumor, its promotion and progression. In low doses, Resveratrol can protect the cardiac activity by regulating the working of vascular cells, minimising the oxidation of LDL, inhibiting platelet aggregation, and reducing myocardial damage at ischemia-reperfusion.
The nutrient also helps in activating the cell’s survival - defense enzyme, giving it a lot more ability to protect itself. It breaks down free radicals and aids in achieving quicker anti-oxidation. It is said to be the substance that gave rise to the “French Paradox”. The paradox is about a logical solution to the fact that the French eat a diet full of saturated fat, and yet, suffer fewer atherosclerotic heart diseases. The Resveratrol present in the red wine may well be the answer to the paradox now, as it has significant life extension properties, as well as metabolism aids that make the French masters at retaining the youthfulness.
- Red wine compound 'can give a boost to breast cancer treatment' - Feb 15, 2011
- Red wine shields brain from stroke damage - Apr 22, 2010
- Red wine compound can halt breast cancer - Oct 02, 2011
- Grape compound in red wine may help heal liver injury - Dec 24, 2008
- Why red wine is the elixir of health - Jun 12, 2009
- Red wine makes cancer drug more potent - Feb 15, 2011
- Can red wine compound improve brain power? - May 03, 2010
- Alcohol doesn't protect against cancer - Apr 01, 2010
- New compound staves off obesity - Apr 05, 2012
- Cheers! Drinking red wine 'can help you live longer' - Jul 31, 2010
- Grape compound increases beneficial fat hormone - Jan 08, 2011
- You can spice up meals with real vitamins, nutrients - Mar 27, 2012
- Red wine component pill successful during heart attacks - Mar 01, 2010
- Red wine ingredient prevents blinding - Jun 25, 2010
- Cheers! Red wine can suppress inflammation in humans - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: cardiac activity, cellular health, diabetes type ii, different stages, dna repair, free radicals, french masters, french paradox, heart diseases, ischemia, japanese knotwood, life extension, logical solution, miracle drug, oxidation, platelet aggregation, red wine, repair time, vascular cells, youthfulness