Relatives ransack hospital over faulty death certificateJuly 3rd, 2008 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 3 (IANS) Relatives of a patient went on a rampage in a city hospital here after the authorities allegedly gave a faulty death certificate. Hospital sources said Roma Dey, a resident of Chetla area in south Kolkata, was admitted with heart ailments at SSKM Hospital Thursday.
“Dey was admitted to the intensive care unit of the hospital at 9.59 a.m. She died shortly thereafter. But the death certificate issued showed that Dey had died at 10.23 a.m. on July 3, 2007,” the source said.
“Her relatives alleged that the mistake was purposeful and they broke furniture, windows, table fans and windowpanes at the medical superintendent’s office.”
SSKM Hospital medical superintendent Ashok Kumar Ghosh told reporters: “Dey’s relatives should be put under arrest for this barbaric behaviour. Instead of listening to our explanation, they went on breaking hospital property.”
However, on being asked if the allegation of issuing wrong death certificate is justified, Ghosh refused to comment.
- Hospital to probe patient's death by 'rat bite' - Dec 24, 2011
- Snake causes panic in Kolkata hospital - Aug 12, 2012
- Rat-bite death: Hospital orders probe, Mamata alleges CPI-M role (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Athlete Pinki's blood sample taken for chromosomal test - Jul 02, 2012
- Kolkata blaze: Hospital director's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Pinki's gender test report reaches hospital - Jul 09, 2012
- Midnapore skeleton case: Arrested CPI-M leader admitted to hospital - Aug 14, 2011
- 16 more infants die in Bengal, toll rises to 28 - Oct 28, 2011
- No 'poriborton' in health care in Didi's Bengal (West Bengal Newsletter) - Dec 25, 2011
- Baby allegedly dies after mother cleaned with acid - Nov 02, 2011
- Lalgarh toll rises to nine - Jan 17, 2011
- Arrested Bengal ex-minister discharged from hospital - Aug 17, 2011
- Mamata makes surprise visit to SSKM hospital - May 25, 2011
- Kolkata blaze: Hospital director's bail plea rejected (Second Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
- Lalgarh carnage toll rises to eight - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: allegation, ashok kumar, authorities, death certificate, dey, furniture, ghosh, heart ailments, hospital medical, hospital sources, intensive care unit, medical superintendent, mistake, rampage, relatives, roma, sskm, table fans, windowpanes