Reality show judge in Shinjini case defends himselfJuly 1st, 2008 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 1 (IANS) A judge of the reality TV show on which Kolkata teenager Shinjini Sengupta was reportedly rebuked, leading to her breakdown, Tuesday defended himself and the others on the panel. “We did not pull up anybody. We only advise, assess and judge the participants,” the judge, Ringoo, told reporters outside the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-sciences (NIMHANS) here where the 16-year-old Shinjini is being treated.
Ringoo and Kaustub Ray, one of the producers of the show, visited the hospital to meet Shinjini and her parents.
Ringoo claimed that Shinjini’s father had told them that he was sorry about the controversy and did not blame the producers or the judges for his daughter’s plight.
“It is not an apology. But he said he was sorry and did not want any controversy and only wanted his daughter to get better,” Ringoo said when asked whether the father had apologised to them.
Ringoo claimed that the episode in which Shinjini was said to have been rebuked has not been aired.
Meanwhile, doctors at NIMHANS said Shinjini was responding to treatment and has been able to recognise her parents.
- Visva Bharati shocker: Varsity team visits student - Jul 12, 2012
- 10-year-old Jewish girl allowed to embrace Christianity - Aug 03, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Shinjini's condition better, says mother Sibani - Jun 29, 2008
- Boost for research in mental health, neuro-sciences - Jan 20, 2012
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Need to strengthen mental health services in country: Azad - Jan 20, 2012
- Parliamentary approval for NIMHANS Bill - Sep 04, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer, act premediated: Police (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- News of the World apologises publicly to phone hacking victims - Apr 10, 2011
- Holmes apologised to Cruise - Aug 20, 2012
- Stunned over Pallavi's death: Excel Entertainment officials - Aug 11, 2012
- Mechanism on anvil to check TV channels' sensationalism - Jul 01, 2008
- 'No bitterness or hatred', IAF man's daughter to Pakistani pilot - Aug 11, 2011
- Miley Cyrus did lap dance 'for fun', says dad - May 14, 2010
Tags: apology, controversy, doctors, institute of mental health, july 1, national institute of mental health, neuro sciences, parents, participants, plight, producers, ray one, reality show, reality tv show, show judge, teenager