Ready to face monsoon test: Delhi Traffic PoliceJuly 11th, 2012 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) With its traffic signals serviced and enough personnel on the roads to ensure smooth traffic flow, the Delhi Traffic Police claims it is geared up to face the monsoon challenge.
Delhi Joint Commissioner of Police (traffic) Satyendra Garg said they had “serviced” all the traffic signals in the capital to ensure the lights do not black out with the rains.
“We have already serviced all the traffic signals. We are also closely liaising with the Delhi civic authorities to ensure that issues like water-logging due to rains are resolved at the earliest,” Garg told IANS on the sidelines of a FICCI ladies organisation (FLO) event Tuesday evening.
Asked about traffic snarls that inevitably occurred during rains, Garg said: “Even in case there is a traffic snarl due to rains, we will ensure that there are adequate traffic policemen to man the situation and ensure smooth traffic movement in the rain-hit areas.”
Garg claimed that the traffic police is often the fastest to respond to rain-related incidents such as fallen trees, and has disaster management vehicles on the ready to address such issues.
He said that commuters can also get traffic-related information such as location of jams and traffic movement through traffic police’s SMS and helpline service.
- Traffic tangles in Delhi after power failure, rains - Jul 31, 2012
- Fatalities on Delhi's top killer roads down by 60 percent - Jul 10, 2012
- Chaos rules Delhi roads as rains continue - Jul 20, 2010
- Are Delhi agencies geared to tackle monsoon? - Jul 06, 2012
- More rain in Delhi spells chaos on city roads (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- More rain, more chaos in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
- Heavy rains continue in Maharashtra - Sep 04, 2012
- Six killed in Maharashtra downpour (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Torrential rains in Maharashtra - Sep 03, 2012
- More rains forecast for Delhi Wednesday - Jul 21, 2010
- Power crisis now trips 22 states, 600 million people hit (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Power crisis now trips 19 states, 600 million people hit (Third Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Delhi Traffic Police Facebook page has over a lakh followers - Feb 21, 2012
- Police assure smooth ride to Auto Expo (Second Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- Delhi's traffic will improve: Police - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: civic authorities, commissioner of police, commuters, disaster management, ficci, flo, helpline service, jams, monsoon, New Delhi, police traffic, sidelines, smooth traffic flow, traffic movement, traffic police, traffic policemen, traffic signals, traffic snarls, tuesday evening, water logging