Ramdev’s march, rain halt traffic in central DelhiAugust 13th, 2012 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) Traffic in central Delhi came to a standstill following heavy rain and yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s march to parliament with thousands of supporters.
“The sudden heavy rains and Ramdev’s march brought chaos to traffic in many parts, especially in central Delhi,” an official of Delhi Traffic Police said.
“We are trying to clear the jam at Delhi Gate, Minto road, Firoz Shah Road,” the official added.
Long lines of vehicles were spotted near ITO in central Delhi
“I have been stuck here for the past 45 minutes and the car has not moved an inch,” said Shubham Singh, a professional.
Traffic police also received complaints of roads being flooded.
Ramdev was detained by police Monday as he led protesters towards parliament seeking the return of black money stashed abroad and an end to corruption.
- Baba Ramdev detained in Ambedkar Stadium - Aug 13, 2012
- Season's heaviest rain halts Delhi - Aug 21, 2012
- Ramdev detained on way to parliament (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Rains lash Delhi again, commuter woes continue - Sep 16, 2011
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Intro Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Unions' protest march causes traffic snarls in Delhi - Feb 23, 2011
- Heavy rains lash Delhi, cause traffic snarls - Sep 15, 2011
- It rains chaos on Delhi roads again (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Torrential downpour leaves Delhi in traffic snarls, chaos (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Ramlila Maidan all set for Baba Ramdev's agitation - Aug 07, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Torrential rains cripple Delhi -- for hours - Sep 09, 2011
- Delhi deluge continues, rail and road traffic hit - Aug 25, 2010
- Ramdev announces march to parliament, cops say no - Aug 13, 2012
- Our strategy needs to change: Ramdev - Aug 11, 2012