Ramadoss to address Indian American doctors’ meetJune 12th, 2008 - 10:08 pm ICT by IANS
New York, June 12 (IANS) Indian Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss will be the keynote speaker at the annual convention of the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) to be held in Las Vegas later this month. AAPI president Hemant Patel made the announcement at a press briefing at the Indian Consulate here Wednesday.
AAPI’s national convention during June 25-29, expected to be attended by about 2,500 of its 42,000 members, will focus on effectively participating and helping in the improvement of the healthcare system in India. It will also discuss the changes needed in the US healthcare system.
The association, which already participates in a rural health initiative in Andhra Pradesh and Bihar, is also in touch with apex Indian medical organisations to develop a partnership. It is also working to offer suggestions for setting up trauma centres along the highways in India, Patel said.
As for the US healthcare system, he said, any change in the system would affect the physicians of Indian origin as much as others.
Both Barack Obama and John McCain, the presumptive Democratic and Republican presidential nominees respectively, have vowed to reform the system which leaves some 45 million working class people out of health insurance system.
AAPI leaders have been meeting lawmakers in Washington to put across their viewpoint, which is very close to that of the medical community as a whole, Patel added.
- Indian-American doctor offers healthcare solutions for India - Aug 13, 2012
- Kochi to host AAPI's global healthcare summit - Sep 05, 2012
- Indian origin physicians in US seek more opportunities - Jul 30, 2012
- Indian-origin physicians in US is a 'force to reckon with' (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Convention of Indian physicians in US begins - Jun 25, 2008
- Indian American doctors resolve to boost healthcare in rural India - Jul 01, 2008
- Bollywood singer Shreya Ghoshal to enliven AAPI US tour - Aug 05, 2012
- PBD sessions call for greater diaspora role in India''s social development - Jan 09, 2009
- Indo-US healthcare summit in Delhi in January - Oct 15, 2008
- Overseas Indian doctors ready to help India - Jan 09, 2011
- Healthcare recession proof in the US, says Indian American doctor - Oct 09, 2009
- Five Indian Americans to be honoured at health summit - Nov 08, 2010
- Economic crisis hits upcoming convention of Indian doctors in US - Nov 24, 2008
- 19 Indians indicted for $60 mn medical fraud in US - Aug 03, 2011
- US seeks help of Indian American doctors in Afghanistan - Nov 20, 2008
Tags: aapi, american association of physicians of indian origin, american doctors, barack obama, bihar, health initiative, health insurance, health insurance system, health minister, healthcare system, hemant, indian consulate, indian health, indian medical, john mccain, keynote speaker, medical community, republican presidential nominees, rural health, trauma centres