Ramadan begins with the sighting of moonAugust 11th, 2010 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 11 (IANS) The Muslim holy month of Ramadan began here and in other parts of Andhra Pradesh with the sighting of the moon Wednesday.
The moon sighting committee comprising religious scholars announced that the Ramzan moon was sighted in some towns. Sirens blared from mosques across Hyderabad as Muslims began preparations for the fasting month.
People were seen greeting each other on the beginning of the holy month. Taraveeh or special Ramzan prayers began at the mosques.
People were seen doing last minute shopping for “shari” or the meals taken before dawn. The first fast will be observed Thursday.
- Ramzan begins in Hyderabad - Aug 01, 2011
- Gaiety marks Eid in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 31, 2011
- Muslims observes Ramadan with prayers at mosques - Aug 12, 2010
- Ramadan begins amid prayers in Kashmir - Jul 21, 2012
- This Hyderabad mosque is more than a place of worship - Aug 12, 2012
- Eid celebrated with prayers for peace, feasting (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2012
- Ramzan fasts as usual for Omar, Farooq Abdullah - Aug 04, 2011
- Cleric to child, Ramadan spirit binds them all (Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- Prayers, feasts and piety - it's Ramadan in India (Special) - Sep 08, 2010
- UAE moon sighting committee to meet Aug 29 - Aug 23, 2011
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012
- Assam celebrates Eid with fervour - Aug 31, 2011
- Prayers for peace as Andhra celebrates Eid - Aug 20, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Eid with feasting and fervour - Aug 20, 2012
- India celebrates Eid -- from Kashmir to down south (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2011