Qatari man pays $3.7 mn for car licence plateApril 12th, 2011 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
Doha, April 12 (IANS) A Qatari national has reportedly paid $3.7 million to own a car licence plate having the number 55555.
The unnamed man bought the number plate at an auction Sunday evening. He paid cash equivalent to 13.7 million Qatari riyals, the Gulf News reported citing the Al Sharq daily.
The bidding started at four million Qatari riyals.
In 2008, Saeed Abdul Gafour Khouri, a businessman from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), paid $14.3 million for an Abu Dhabi licence plate having the number 1, making it the world’s most expensive number plate.
- UAE leaders meet foreign counterparts - Jan 03, 2012
- UAE's exports to Saudi Arabia exceed $266 bn - Sep 04, 2010
- UAE discusses cooperation with UNHCR - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' - Apr 07, 2012
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Abu Dhabi airport completes 30 years - Jan 04, 2012
- UAE charity sends five tonnes of dates to India - Mar 31, 2012
- India, UAE sign manpower agreement - Sep 13, 2011
- Iraqi envoy meets UAE attorney general - Feb 07, 2012
- Etihad Airways buys stake in Virgin Australia - Jun 07, 2012
- UAE's first Confucius institute opened - Mar 08, 2012
- Qatar pledges to invest $4 bn in Spain - Mar 01, 2011
- UN chief briefs UAE on Somalia crisis - Jul 29, 2011
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- UAE, US hold talks - Jan 17, 2012