Private hospital doctors seek pay parity with government doctorsNovember 12th, 2008 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 12 (IANS) Resident doctors in Max Healthcare hospitals here were on strike for the second consecutive day Wednesday, demanding a hike in salaries at par with doctors in government hospitals.About 60 doctors at three Max hospitals in Delhi went on strike Tuesday, affecting health services in those hospitals.
The doctors demanded salaries at par with doctors in government hospitals following the Sixth Pay Commission. Their salaries would go up by 30 per cent if their demand is met.
“We want salaries according to pay scales announced for doctors in government hospitals in the sixth pay commission. There is a big difference among salaries and we cannot work at such remunerations,” said Ravi Kumar, a doctor at Max Healthcare in Patparganj.
“We have appealed to the striking doctors to return to work soon or else we will take strict action against them,” said Pervez Ahmed, executive director medical operations, at Max Healthcare in Delhi.
- Nurses go on strike in Madhya Pradesh - Dec 27, 2010
- Rajasthan doctors' strike claims 50 lives - Dec 27, 2011
- Hundreds of protesting Rajasthan doctors rejoin duty - Dec 29, 2011
- Rajasthan doctors' strike claims 55 lives - Dec 28, 2011
- Mumbai civic workers call off strike - Sep 21, 2011
- Rajasthan doctors end strike, health facilities normalise - Jan 01, 2012
- Government employees continue strike despite ESMA in J-K - Apr 08, 2010
- Rajasthan doctors continue strike, 40 patients dead - Dec 25, 2011
- J-K Government threatens to sack government employees - Apr 12, 2010
- Healthcare budget a put off: Private hospitals - Feb 28, 2011
- 10-year rural positing compulsory for J&K; doctors - Jun 28, 2012
- Air India pilots strike postponed - Mar 09, 2011
- Delhi residents seek rollback of service tax on hospitals - Mar 02, 2011
- Bhopal hospital staff seek pay hike, government gets notice (Lead) - Dec 12, 2011
- Employees' strike affects work in Kashmir - Jul 18, 2011