President Pratibha Patil in HanoiNovember 26th, 2008 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
Hanoi (Vietnam) Nov 26 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil who is in a visit to Vietnam reached Hanoi, its Capital.
Patil is scheduled to meet Vietnam President Nguyen Minh Triet and other leaders on Thursday to discuss the ways and means to further strengthen the economic partnership between both countries.
Talking to reporters, she said that she was looking forward to her discussions with President Nguyen and other leaders.
“I intend to discuss with them ways and means to further strengthen our economic partnership, which is a pivotal part of our ”’’strategic partnership””. I am confident that the discussions and deliberations will contribute to ever strengthening ties between India and Vietnam,” she added.
On Tuesday, addressing business leaders at the Vietnam-India Business Forum in Ho Chin Minh city, Patil asked entrepreneurs to seize the opportunity generated by the economic reforms in both countries to boost bilateral trade and create mutually beneficial linkages.
“We would be happy to share our experiences. In many other areas, such as engineering, transportation and power generation, Indian companies can transfer their expertise to Vietnamese. Also, in higher education, research and human resource development, India can be a useful partner,” she added.
Patil has said that the India ASEAN trade in goods agreement will be signed to pave the way for faster growth in trade.
Trade between India and Vietnam is expected to touch two billion dollars by 2010. (ANI)
- Indian commerce minister meets Vietnamese PM - Mar 08, 2012
- Vietnam, India mark 40th anniversary of diplomatic relations - Jan 05, 2012
- India, Vietnam to increase defence, security cooperation - Sep 16, 2011
- Prime Minister to embark on three-nation Asia tour on Sunday (Part II) - Oct 22, 2010
- With China on mind, Krishna heads to Vietnam - Sep 13, 2011
- India to help Vietnam enhance, upgrade its armed forces - Oct 13, 2010
- Unfazed by China, India, Vietnam sign oil deal, extradition treaty - Oct 12, 2011
- Vietnamese president to visit India - Oct 10, 2011
- 'Vietnam a huge business opportunity for India' - Oct 13, 2011
- President Patil visits Vietnam Museum of Natural History - Nov 25, 2008
- Vietnam, Britain hold strategic dialogue - Jul 06, 2012
- Myanmar seeks collaboration with Indian business houses - Dec 20, 2011
- Vietnamese president in India to expand strategic ties - Oct 11, 2011
- Vayalar Ravi undertakes two-day visit to Hanoi - Oct 21, 2010
- Vietnam president praises India's economic, technical help - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: asean, bilateral trade, billion dollars, business leaders, deliberations, development india, economic partnership, economic reforms, hanoi hanoi, hanoi vietnam, higher education research, ho chin minh city, human resource development, india business forum, nguyen minh triet, power generation, president nguyen minh triet, president pratibha patil, strategic partnership, ways and means