President, PM greet nation on Ugadi, Gudi PadavaMarch 26th, 2009 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Vice-President Hamid Ansari Thursday greeted the nation on the occasion of traditional festivals of India that herald the arrival of New Year in parts of the country.
In her message, the president extended her greetings and good wishes on the occasion of Chaitra Sukladi, Ugadi, Gudi Padava, Chetti Chand, Navreh and Sajibu Cheiraoba.
“Celebrated in a wide variety of ways in different parts of our country, these festivals reflect our diversity and yet underline the unity of the nation. May these festivals reinforce the common bond of togetherness of our people and ensure progress, prosperity and peace,” the president said.
Chaitra Sukladi, Ugadi, Gudi Padava, Chetti Chand, Navreh and Sajibu Cheiraoba will celebrated in different parts of the country Friday to herald the New Year according to various Indian calendars.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in his message said that these traditional festivals that herald the arrival of New Year represent the vast cultural diversity of India.
“May the coming year usher in prosperity, peace and harmony to all,” he said.
The vice-president also extended his good wishes for the festivals that are celebrated with traditional fervour and zest.
“These are important festivals celebrated to make the advent of traditional New Year in many parts of our country,” he said.
He said the colourful festivities associated with these festivals reflect the myriad hues of our rich cultural heritage and contribute towards strengthening social harmony and goodwill. “May these festivals fill the hearts of all Indians with joy and contentment,” he added.
- President greets people on Gudi Padwa, Navreh - Apr 03, 2011
- President greets nation on spring New Year - Mar 22, 2012
- President, PM greet India on Ugadi, Gudi Padava, Chetti Chand, Chaitra Sukladi - Apr 04, 2011
- President, vice president greet nation on spring new year - Mar 15, 2010
- PM, president greets nation on spring New Year (Lead) - Mar 15, 2010
- Vice President greets nation on Ugadi, Gudi Padava - Mar 26, 2009
- President Patil, PM greet nation on Chaitra Sukladi, Gudi Padava, Ugadi, Cheti Chand, Navreh - Apr 06, 2008
- Maharashtra celebrates Gudi Padwa - Mar 23, 2012
- Happy Gudi Padwa, tweets Bollywood - Apr 04, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Samvat New Year's day - Apr 06, 2008
- President, PM greet nation on 'Makar Sankranti', 'Pongal' (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- President, vice president greet nation on Makar Sankranti, Pongal - Jan 13, 2011
- Diwali being celebrated with traditional fervour and zeal across India - Nov 05, 2010
- Patil, Ansari greet nation on 'Makar Sankranti', 'Pongal' - Jan 13, 2012
- President, Vice President greet nation on Makara Sankranti, Pongal - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: chand, common bond, contentment, cultural diversity, cultural heritage, festivals of india, gudi padava, hamid ansari, hues, manmohan, manmohan singh, peace and harmony, president pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, social harmony, togetherness, traditional festivals, ugadi, zest