Prayers in Himachal temples for India’s victoryApril 2nd, 2011 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 2 (IANS) As the Men in Blue take on the Men in Dark Blue from the emerald island at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai Saturday, people of Himachal Pradesh turned to temples to pray for India’s victory over Sri Lanka at the World Cup final.
An unusually large number of people were seen at the temples across the state, chiefly at Chintpurni temple in Una district, Naina Devi in Bilaspur district, Jwalaji and Chamunda in Kangra district, performing rituals and offering prayers for the Indian team.
“Normally I come here every Tuesday. But today, I have specially come to offer prayers for India’s victory,” Meenakshi Bhalla, a Class 12 student, told IANS.
Meenakshi, who is also observing a fast, visited the historical Jakhu temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman here. She said her fast would be over only after India’s victory.
Prem Parshad Pandit, an officer on special duty of state-managed temples, said a huge rush was seen at temples across the state. “It’s mainly due to people praying for India’s victory.”
Shimla-based renowned astrologer Kishori Lal has predicted easy victory of India over Sri Lanka.
“Jupiter is favourably placed in India’s corner. Moreover, Jupiter and Moon are aligned together, that also favours India,” he added.
- Heli-taxi service planned to Himachal temple - Jul 03, 2012
- Log on, perform prayers online! - Mar 18, 2012
- Thousands of devotees throng Himachal temples - Sep 28, 2011
- Himachal to develop religious tourism - Jul 05, 2011
- Himachal to turn temple gold into mementoes - Jul 08, 2012
- Devotees throng Himachal temples with onset of Shravan - Jul 20, 2012
- Hindus chant to Muslim beats in Himachal temples - Oct 03, 2010
- Himachal temples to melt holy gold - Apr 12, 2011
- Billion hearts, one dream: India prays for encore - Apr 02, 2011
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal accident - Jul 15, 2012
- Bill moved to manage gold donated in Himachal temples - Apr 09, 2010
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Jharkhand fan keeps fast for Indfia's triumph - Apr 02, 2011
- Lamp with five kg ghee burns for India's victory - Apr 02, 2011
- Himachal temples allowed to sell gold, silver - Apr 13, 2010
Tags: chamunda, dark blue, easy victory, emerald island, India, jakhu temple, jupiter, lal, meenakshi, moon, mumbai, naina devi, prayers, rituals, rush, sri lanka, temples, wankhede stadium, world cup