Pomegranate juice boosts men’’s sex driveNovember 29th, 2008 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 29 (ANI): If you feel that your man is not providing enough action in the bedroom, then heres the answer for all the worries: make him drink pomegranate juice.
Yes, you heard it right. According to a new study, pomegranate juice, known for its benefits in fighting heart disease, boosts men’’s sex drive.
In the study, the scientists of Mindlabs International at Sussex University asked 14 couples to perform tasks after drinking pomegranate, orange or cranberry juice but without saying why.
The tasks included kissing and being shown pictures of scantily-clad models, along with non-sexual images such as golf clubs, sandwiches, kittens and chocolate.
The researchers then monitored the volunteers” heart and pulse rates and brain waves and also readings of skin sensitivity and eye movement when they as both react to the body being stimulated.
After drinking the pomegranate juice the couples were found to kiss more passionately. However, the effect was much more prominent in the men.
In fact, men also looked at images of sexy models for 16 per cent longer after drinking pomegranate juice as compared to other juices.
“We had anticipated this but, even so, the difference was surprising, The Daily Express quoted Mindlab’’s director of neuroscience Dr David Lewis as saying. (ANI)
- Drinking 100-pc fruit juice 'as healthy as eating whole fruits' - Apr 12, 2011
- Chocolate healthier than many fruit juices - Feb 07, 2011
- No bikini beautiful on billboards in Britain any more - Oct 11, 2011
- 'Super food' dark chocolates are healthier than fruits: Study - Feb 07, 2011
- Pomegranate juice could ease workplace stress - Jun 06, 2011
- Pomegranate juice 'can help combat kidney disease' - Nov 19, 2010
- 10 quintessential cocktails for all occasions! - Jun 20, 2012
- Pomegranate juice helps get rid of paunch - Oct 03, 2010
- Some cocktail recipes (To go with cocktail story) - May 20, 2011
- Some fruity, flavoured summer drinks (To go with summer drinks story) - May 23, 2011
- Is your pomegranate juice adulterated? - Nov 30, 2010
- Spanish resort bans bikinis on streets - Jul 04, 2010
- The fruit juice cocktail 'super-smoothie' that cuts heart disease risk! - May 05, 2011
- The natural 'super-smoothie' that cuts cardiac risk - May 05, 2011
- Cranberry juice not effective against urinary tract infections: Study - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: brain waves, cranberry juice, daily express, dr david lewis, eye movement, golf clubs, heart disease, juices, kittens, neuroscience, pomegranate juice, pulse rates, sandwiches, scantily clad models, sex drive, sexual images, sexy models, skin sensitivity, sussex university, worries