PM makes makes ‘excellent progress’, thanks nation for wishes (Lead)January 26th, 2009 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 26 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been making a speedy recovery after his coronoary bypass surgery, an official statement said Monday, adding that he has thanked the people of nation, especially children, for wishing him well. The prime minister continued to make “excellent progress” and on Monday had “some semi-solid food”, the statement said. He was put on liquid diet till Sunday evening after his surgery the day before.
“Several of his invasive monitoring lines have been removed and physiotherapy is being given to enable early mobilisation.
“Manmohan Singh is conversing with the family and the doctors. The prime minister is eager to resume work as early as possible,” it added.
“The prime minister has received countless messages from women, men and children from across the country extending their wishes for his speedy recovery and good health. He is deeply touched by their kind words conveying their sincere desire to see him soon in fine health and full strength,” said the statement.
“Manmohan Singh is especially overwhelmed by the abundance of good wishes that have come in from children, many of whom have prayed for his quick recuperation,” it said.
“The prime minister is thankful to the people of the country whose true love for him is a source of great strength to him always and particularly as he recovers from his recent heart surgery. The family of Manmohan Singh joins him in expressing their heartfelt gratitude to the people for their support during this period.”
Several world leaders have also sent messages for the speedy recovery of the prime minister.
- PM making steady progress, put on semi-solid diet (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2009
- Get well soon, Gilani wishes Sonia Gandhi - Mar 06, 2012
- PM thanks country for wishing him speedy recovery - Jan 26, 2009
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh overwhelmed by peoples well wishes - Jan 26, 2009
- Manmohan Singh recovering fast following heart surgery - Jan 27, 2009
- Big B prays for Yuvraj's speedy recovery - Feb 21, 2012
- PM mourns Rajesh Khanna's death - Jul 18, 2012
- Gogoi to undergo two heart surgeries Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Partymen missed Sonia in her absence, says Congress mouthpiece - Sep 12, 2011
- PM meets blast victims (Lead) - Sep 07, 2011
- Govinda wishes Big B speedy recovery - Feb 19, 2012
- President, PM mourn Rajesh Khanna's death (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Gogoi to undergo heart surgeries in Mumbai - Jul 30, 2010
- Hamid Ansari, Chidambaram condole death of Sabarimala pilgrims - Jan 15, 2011
- 80 dead, 300 injured in flash floods in Leh - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: abundance, bypass surgery, doctors, full strength, good health, heart surgery, heartfelt gratitude, liquid diet, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, recuperation, solid food, speedy recovery, sunday evening, true love, women men, world leaders