PlaySpan named winner of Red Herring Top 100 North America 2008May 28th, 2008 - 10:43 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 28 (ANI/Business Wire India): PlaySpan, the gaming industry’s first publisher sponsored in-game commerce network has been named a Red Herring Top 100 winner, an award given to the most innovative private technology companies in North America.
The Red Herring editorial board diligently evaluated more than 800 applicants from North America’s entrepreneurial scene, narrowing the field to a mere 100 winners. Nominees were evaluated on quantitative and qualitative criteria including financial performance, technology innovation, quality of management, and execution of strategy.
Having received more than 800 submissions, it is clear that we are witnessing a new outburst of creativity, said Joel Dreyfuss, Editor-in-Chief of Red Herring. With venture capital flowing again, it’s exciting to see technology innovators and business investors collaborate to create disruptive technologies. The Red Herring 100 North America companies are impressive up-and-comers, and definitely the ones to watch.
We are honored to receive this award and to be amongst the most inventive companies in North America, said Karl Mehta, CEO of PlaySpan. The Red Herring editorial board has a long history of distinctly recognizing market leading companies and our inclusion in the 2008 Top 100 is very gratifying.
The PlaySpan team has shown great foresight in recognizing the industry transition from retail and subscription business models to microtransaction-based economies for monetization, said Shawn Carolan, Managing Director of Menlo Ventures. It is wonderful to see both customers and the press recognize their position as the preeminent platform partner to help content providers thrive in this new paradigm. (ANI)
- PlaySpan selected by AlwaysOn as an OnHollywood 100 top private company Award Winner - Jun 12, 2008
- US-India business summit sees huge potential (Lead, changing dateline) - Apr 29, 2012
- US aid to transition from cash to electronic form - Aug 25, 2012
- Kerala firm wins technology magazine's global award - Jan 20, 2010
- Kerala firm wins technology magazine award - Nov 18, 2009
- Indians top founders of US venture-funded firms - Dec 23, 2011
- Reliance MediaWorks to provide digital video library - Oct 01, 2011
- Mexican group sells South American hotels for $275 mn - Jul 17, 2012
- Education provider raises $7.5 million venture fund - Feb 16, 2012
- Israel to host industry meet to woo Indian investments - Jan 16, 2011
- Indo-US business deals worth $15 bn struck - Nov 06, 2010
- 3M unveils Rs.100 crore research centre in Bangalore - Sep 23, 2011
- Adplayin' partners with PlaySpan for in-game commerce in Japan - Mar 01, 2008
- Huge potential seen in US-India business ties - Apr 29, 2012
- Infosys ranked top for retail IT services - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: business investors, business models, comers, commerce network, disruptive technologies, editorial board, financial performance, joel dreyfuss, leading companies, mehta, menlo ventures, new paradigm, outburst, performance technology, private technology companies, qualitative criteria, red herring, subscription business, technology innovation, technology innovators