Playing cricket in a bikini can rake in the moolah for charity!October 16th, 2008 - 5:48 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Oct 16 (ANI): A cricketer at Australias Alice Springs Masters Games swapped traditional whites for an itty bitty bikini in a bid to raise 2000 pounds for Beyond Blue, the nations depression initiative.
The Alice Springs Masters Games - which are a biennial event - offer about 30 different sports to women competitors over the age of 25, and men older than 30.
According to the Northern Territory News, Craig Prettejohn, wearing nothing but pads and a little too revealing bikini, got Federals off to a blazing start, with 53 runs in 10 minutes.
Despite his brief attire, the man best known as “Buckets”, a true blue cricketer and former Feds captain, showed obvious delight and a certain amount of comfort.
“It was easier to move out there,” the Daily Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
This year’’s event, which is the 12th to be held, will finish on October 18. (ANI)
- Kardashian sizzles in Barbarella inspired bikini-ad - Nov 11, 2010
- Bopara, Dernbach and Kieswetter earn incremental contracts - Oct 08, 2011
- Not all 'flat-chested women want big boobs' - Sep 27, 2010
- Boyle's Olympic creation narrative of British history (Roundup) - Jul 28, 2012
- Girls as young as 9 selling sex for drugs, says Oz politician - Feb 24, 2011
- Olympic mountain bike course changed - Apr 05, 2012
- Miss USA contestants to don Jessica Simpson Collection bikinis - Apr 16, 2009
- I will never wear a bikini: Vidya Balan - Jan 29, 2010
- Curvy Kate Moss 'pops out' at pal's b'day bash! - Apr 24, 2009
- Rampant Gayle brings frenzied fans to the stadium in droves (IPL Diary) - May 08, 2011
- Owais Shah replaces Shane Warne in Rajasthan Royals - Mar 07, 2012
- Designer outfits for Filipino Olympians at London - Jun 20, 2012
- Oz woman claims she was cut off by Ford station wagon-shaped UFO - Sep 11, 2010
- Australia to hold nude Olympics - May 01, 2011
- Men, women eye objects differently, says research - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: alice springs masters games, biennial event, buckets, charity, craig, cricket, cricketer, daily telegraph, depression, different sports, federals, feds, initiative, itty bitty bikini, melbourne, moolah, northern territory news, revealing bikini