Phoenix crop circle may predict Armageddon on December 21, 2012June 16th, 2009 - 1:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 16 (ANI): The sudden appearance of a 400-foot Phoenix rising-from-the-ashes crop circle in Wiltshire is actually a warning about the end of the world, believe experts.
The bizarre design was discovered in a barley field in Yatesbury near Devizes.
Now, investigators are claiming that more formations are referencing the possibility of a cataclysmic event occurring on December 21, 2012, which coincides with the end of the ancient Mayan calendar.
According to the Mayan’s belief, civilization exists within a series earth cycles of 144,000 days each with the 13th expiring in December 2012, resulting in Armageddon, reports The Telegraph.
Crop circle enthusiast Karen Alexander, from Gosport, Hants, said: “The phoenix is a mythical creature which symbolises rebirth and a new era in many cultures across the world.
“Within the crop circle community many believe the designs are constantly referring to December 21 and its aftermath.
“This could be interpreted as the human race or earth rising again after a monumental event.
“The patterns are becoming more intricate with every find and it is exciting to think how they are going to evolve by the time we get to 2012.”
Other recent crop circles include - giant jelly-fish and one image discovered in Wiltshire in June which experts dubbed the most ‘mind boggling’ they had ever come across. (ANI)
- Will the world end Dec 21? - Jun 30, 2012
- Mysterious crop circle depicting giant hummingbird appears in British barley field - Jul 06, 2009
- Hotels get booked for end of Mayan era events - Aug 28, 2012
- 'Mayan texts doesn't predict end of world in 2012' - Jul 08, 2010
- Mayan doomsday prophecy not true: British expert - Dec 02, 2011
- 'Oldest Mayan calendar offers no hint of world's end' - May 11, 2012
- Rare freshwater jellyfish found in China - Aug 27, 2011
- Oldest-known Mayan calendar found - May 11, 2012
- Fishy designs in field leave paranormals baffled - Jun 03, 2009
- Mexico's Mayan region begin their apocalypse countdown - Dec 21, 2011
- Box jellyfish have 4 unique eyes to view world above the water! - Apr 30, 2011
- No danger of earth exploding - Dec 18, 2011
- Hacker puts sex message on British MP's phone - Sep 25, 2011
- Queen's guide exposed as a paedophile - Feb 05, 2011
- World's expiry date: 21 December 2012? - Sep 25, 2009
Tags: armageddon, barley field, cataclysmic event, crop circle, crop circles, december 21 2012, devizes, earth cycles, giant jelly fish, gosport, hants, karen alexander, mayan calendar, monumental event, mythical creature, phoenix rising from the ashes, rebirth, rising from the ashes, sudden appearance, wiltshire