Pharrell Williams opts for test-tube skin to cover his tattoosJuly 1st, 2008 - 7:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 1 (ANI): Pharrell Williams is planning to dish out hundreds of thousands of pounds at a firm that grows new skin in a test tube - which can be later stitched over his old tattoos, so that he can make space for new works of art.
Already covered with tattoos, the uber-producer is all set to clear up some space on his arms, and for this he has contacted the Wake Forest Institute in North Carolina for Regenerative Skin Treatment.
“It’s going to be pricey, but f*** it, it’s worth it. I got fire on my arms, I don’t need fire on my arms! I’m a grown man. There’s an institute called the Wake Forest Institute in North Carolina for Regenerative Skin Treatment,” The Mirror quoted Pharrell, as saying.
He added: “It’s basically like getting a skin graft, but you’re not taking skin from your ass or legs - these guys actually grow the skin for you. First you have to give them a sample of your skin, which they then replicate. Once that’s been done, they sew it on - and it’s seamless.”
And after this, the 35-year-old star would again cover his arms with new pieces of body art.
“When it has healed you can go get whatever tattoo you want, he told myspace.com. (ANI)
- 'Skin-printing' device could rebuild damaged, burnt skin - Feb 21, 2011
- Dr Atlanta Is Growing Body Parts From Human Cells: Reports "60 Minutes" - Jul 26, 2010
- Think twice before you get that tattoo! - Jan 04, 2011
- Lab-grown urinary tubes implanted successfully - Mar 09, 2011
- Heal burns fast - with stem cell spray gun - Feb 03, 2011
- Ke$ha impresses men with homemade tattoos - Jul 29, 2010
- 3D 'bioprinters' to knock out new body parts - Feb 26, 2011
- "60 Minutes" Reports About The Research To Grow Body Parts From Human Cells - Jul 26, 2010
- 'Illustrated lady', world's most tattooed woman, has 95pc body covered in ink! - May 28, 2010
- Prolonged use of cell phones may trigger skin allergies - Nov 23, 2010
- Prolonged cell use, body piercing, tattoos trigger allergic reaction - Nov 15, 2010
- Facebook generates feel good factor - Jun 27, 2012
- Free mobile app for skin cancer screening - Jul 12, 2012
- 1 in 4 young Australians has a tattoo - Oct 31, 2010
- Kelly Osbourne is planning to remove her tattoos - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: body art, forest institute, grown man, hundreds of thousands, july 1, legs, london, mirror, new skin, north carolina, old star, opts, pharrell williams, skin graft, skin treatment, tattoo, tattoos, test tube, wake forest, works of art