Pedigree and other pet food recalled from marketSeptember 13th, 2008 - 10:53 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
Mars Petcare US, manufacturers of well-known pet food brands such as Pedigree Ol’ Roy, announced on Sep 12 it is removing products from sale. MARS Petcare has issued a national recall of these products because of potential contamination with Salmonella Schwarzengrund.
The recalled products include:
Pedigree large breed original, size 20 pounds and UPC code 2310029158; Pedigree mealtime crunchy bites small, size 4.4 pounds and UPC code 2310005104; Pedigree small crunchy bites beef, size 32 pounds and UPC code 2310031483; and Pedigree small crunchy bites, size 20 pounds and UPC code 2310014719.
Other dry dog and cat food brands are affected by this nationwide recall.
Ol’ Roy, Retriever, Paws & Claws, Member’s Mark, Natural Dog Food, Natural Cat Food, Doggy Bag, PMI Nutrition, Red Flannel, PetPride, Special Kitty, Country Acres, Bruiser and Buju & Ziggie
Total 14 brands affected.
Salmonella is a genus of rod-shaped Gram-negative enterobacteria that causes typhoid fever, paratyphoid fever and foodborne illness. The pets consumed these product and have symptoms like lethargic, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever and vomiting or some pets will only have decreased appetite, fever or abdominal pain, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends contacting your veterinarian.
Consumers who purchased the above products are required to return them to the store for a full refund.
- Recall Of P & G Pet Food Expands To Specialty Products - Aug 07, 2010
- Nestle Purina recalls cat food over salmonella contamination fears - Aug 01, 2011
- Pet food recall expanded due to fear of salmonella contamination - Aug 03, 2010
- Del Monte announce a cantaloupe recall - Mar 25, 2011
- Procter & Gamble Expands Its Pet Food Recall - Aug 03, 2010
- Dry Pet Food Connected To The Outbreak Of Salmonella In Human Beings - Aug 10, 2010
- Symptoms Of Salmonella Being Scrupulously Studied By Anxious Citizens Of America - Aug 19, 2010
- Pet Food Recall Stretched By P&G - Aug 07, 2010
- Sally Jackson Recalls Cheese Products Due To Potential E.Coli Contamination - Dec 20, 2010
- Scientists develop new salmonella test that makes food safer - Nov 23, 2010
- Marie Callender Frozen Chicken Dinner Recalled Due to Salmonella - Jun 18, 2010
- Grape tomatoes recalled over salmonella risk - May 04, 2011
- Nestle recalls 10,260 pounds of Lean Cuisine frozen meals - Mar 15, 2011
- Latest Egg Recall Issued By Cal-Maine Foods - Nov 10, 2010
- Salmonella responsible for processed food recall - Mar 08, 2010
Tags: abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea, bruiser, buju, country acres, crunchy, diarrhea fever, fever and vomiting, flannel, food and drug administration, food and drug administration fda, food brands, gram negative enterobacteria, mars petcare, mealtime, national recall, natural cat food, natural dog food, pet food, typhoid fever