Paul Burrell removed bloodstained ring from Dis dead bodyMarch 18th, 2008 - 6:18 pm ICT by admin
London, March 18 (ANI): Princess Diana’s former butler Paul Burrell took a bloodstained engagement ring off her dead body and kept it, the inquest into her death has heard.
Burrell’s former bodyguard Michael Faux told the jury that he had been “disgusted” after hearing the revelation.
Faux said that Burrell told him he took the ring in the Paris hospital where Diana died following a car crash in August 1997.
“He said that he took it from the body in Paris, the Telegraph quoted Faux, as saying.
Nicholas Hilliard, representing the coroner, said: “Did he have any way of demonstrating this was hers?”
Faux replied: “Yes, there was still blood on the ring and he could prove it was hers by the DNA.”
He told the jury that Burrell only told him of the engagement ring after he agreed to sign a confidentiality agreement.
The jury has heard that Diana received a gold Bulgari friendship ring from Dodi Fayed, which she wore on her right hand.
In a written statement to the court, Burrell said: “There was no conversation about a ring. I have never referred to the Bulgari friendship ring as an engagement ring. This is not my opinion of what the ring was.
“I have never told anybody that I have had possession of that ring. I am not in possession of that ring.” (ANI)
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Princess Di's driver's blood test 'wasn't verified' - Aug 09, 2010
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- Stalker threatens to kill Princess Diana's butler - Aug 20, 2012
- Prince William preparing to wed Kate Middleton, says Diana's former butler - Aug 15, 2010
- 'Innocent' Princess Di's driver 'set up' by French authorities, claims book - Mar 15, 2010
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- Diana's dazzling sapphire ring caught Prince Harry's eye first - Nov 19, 2010
- Princess Diana's former butler 'wants to patch up with William' - Nov 22, 2010
- Di's death was not an accident, says leading lawyer - Sep 02, 2009
Tags: august 1997, bodyguard, car crash, confidentiality agreement, coroner, dna, engagement ring, friendship ring, gold, inquest, london march, nicholas hilliard, paris hospital, paul burrell, possession, princess diana, revelation, telegraph