Over 150 in Madhya Pradesh village affected by food poisoning

January 2nd, 2009 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS  

Bhopal, Jan 2 (IANS) Over 150 people fell ill in Madhya Pradesh’s Badwani district after eating stale food, officials said Friday.The incident occurred in Chirmiria village of Badwani district where a funeral ceremony was held Thursday night at the house of a person only identified as Devaria.

“Since mutton and rice, which were stale, were served to people attending the feast, they started complaining of nausea and stomach ache soon after eating the food and began vomiting,” Sendhwa Block Medical Officer S.L. Sadiwal told IANS.

While most of the affected were discharged after first aid, about 70 people are still being treated at a health centre at Dhawali. Their condition is reported to be stable.

Police have registered a case against Devaria but no arrest has been made so far.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Health Science |