Outrage over Oz school calling 7-year-old girls sexual assault ”childhood experiment”September 12th, 2008 - 6:33 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Sept 12 (ANI): The principal of a Queensland school, where a 7-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by a classmate, has dismissed the attack, saying that it was a “childhood experiment.
According to the Courier-Mail, the principal has claimed that the girl was at fault by not immediately contacting her parents or police.
Now, the girls parents have slammed the school saying that the authorities still made their daughter to feel she was wrong and ordered back to the classroom where the attack took place - with her seven-year-old assailant sitting just three rows behind her.
The case came out in open when another boy told teachers that he had seen the girl performing oral sex on the boy in the Year 2 classroom at lunchtime. He also said that it was the boy who had threatened the girl with violence.
“It’’s disgusting how the school has behaved. They did everything wrong,” News.com.au quoted the victim’’s grandmother, as saying.
In fact, the girls troubled parents have said that the State Education Department and the Department of Child Safety had washed their hands of the case and that a letter of complaint to Premier Anna Bligh went unanswered.
The victims 30-year-old mother said that the principal did not phone her until hours after her daughter was abused.
“She said, ”don”t worry, it’’s normal childhood behaviour”. I couldn”t believe her and collapsed on the floor. She was so insensitive. My world had the bottom ripped out of it and she was telling me it was normal behaviour. Can you believe that? said the mother.
She added: “How the hell could this happen? The children were unsupervised and an empty room was left unlocked both breaches of Education Department rules. The school attempted to sweep it under the carpet at every opportunity. The police were never contacted. The whole thing is disgusting.
“They expected our daughter to return to the class with the boy present. They said they would keep an eye on things and there would be ”low risk” he would re-offend. (ANI)
- Elderly Chinese teacher molests 10 schoolgirls - Apr 20, 2012
- Despite poverty, disability, these Bengal students shine - Jun 02, 2012
- Chinese boy stands trial for setting girl on fire - Apr 23, 2012
- Ashley Judd details painful childhood, sexual abuse in new memoir - Apr 06, 2011
- Knitting 'has a revolutionary effect on pupils' behaviour' - Feb 13, 2011
- British girl has contraceptive implant at school - Feb 09, 2012
- Chinese teen commits suicide over dress code - May 01, 2012
- Mother of victim in Dubai school bus molestation accused of blackmail - Mar 24, 2011
- 'Man treated daughter like slave for 11 years' - Feb 08, 2011
- Brit primary school dinner lady jailed for 6-yrs for having sex with boy, 12 - Mar 05, 2011
- She comes of age for school - at 23 - Aug 13, 2011
- Court questions government, school on girl's eye injury - Mar 23, 2011
- Two school officials dismissed for negligence in rape case - Sep 26, 2011
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Disadvantaged kids more likely to be poor adults - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: 7 year old girls, assailant, bligh, breaches, carpet, classmate, courier mail, department of child safety, grandmother, letter of complaint, lunchtime, news com au, old girl, old mother, outrage, performing oral sex, queensland school, sexual assault, state education department, troubled parents