Orchid gets US FDA approval for its drugFebruary 20th, 2008 - 7:17 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai Feb 20 (IANS) Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd Wednesday said it has received an approval from US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) for its Cefuroxime Axetil tablets. Orchid’s statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE,) said the product, falling under the ANDA (Abbreviated New Drug Application), is available in three dosage strengths, 125 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg.
According to company officials, this is the 25th ANDA approval that the company has received since it started its US Generics journey in 2005.
Last week the Chennai-based pharma company had announced about the approval from US FDA in regard to its anti-emetic and non-antibiotic Granisetron Hydrochloride tablets. The product is available in 1 mg dosage strength.
- Orchid gets tentative FDA approval for Alzheimer's drug - Jan 08, 2010
- Ranbaxy approved to make first generic version of Lipitor - Dec 01, 2011
- Dr Reddy's launches anti-asthma tablets in US - Nov 20, 2010
- Decks cleared for Orchid to market anti-infectives in US - Sep 25, 2009
- Orchid Chemicals sells penicillin, penem business to Hospira - Aug 29, 2012
- Orchid Chemicals signs out-licensing deal with Alvogen - May 05, 2010
- HIV drug now available as oral powder for children - Jan 29, 2012
- Wockardt gets US nod for Tamsulosin capsules - Sep 29, 2009
- Orchid Chemical to acquire US marketing company - Jun 10, 2010
- Natco Pharma launches anti-swine flu medicine (Business Capsule) - Sep 18, 2009
- Lupin receives US approval for another drug - Jul 31, 2008
- Ideal Cures unveil new technology to prolong drug release - Jul 23, 2012
- Hotel prices fell by 17 percent: Report (Business Capsule) - Sep 16, 2009
- Ranbaxy gets USFDAs permission to manufacture cardiovascular drugs - Mar 09, 2009
- Indian drug major Sun Pharma takes control of Israeli Taro - Sep 22, 2010
Tags: abbreviated new drug application, anda approval, anti emetic, bombay stock exchange, bse, cefuroxime, cefuroxime axetil tablets, company officials, dosage strengths, fda, food and drug, food and drug administration, granisetron, granisetron hydrochloride, mg dosage strength, orchid chemicals, pharma company, pharmaceuticals, regard, us fda approval