Orchid Chemicals posts 35.7 percent growth in revenueMay 29th, 2008 - 8:19 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, May 29 (IANS) The city-based drug major Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd closed last fiscal with a revenue of Rs.12.38 billion ($290 million) against the previous year’s Rs.9.12 billion, recording a growth of 35.7 percent. Earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) grew by 24.8 percent to Rs.2.48 billion in 2007-08 compared to Rs.1.98 billion of 2006-07.
The after-tax profit registered a growth of 91 percent and rose to Rs.1.84 billion from Rs.966 million.
On a consolidated basis, Orchid’s turnover grew by 35 percent to Rs.13 billion compared to Rs.9.63 billion of the previous fiscal.
Net profit rose to Rs.1.75 billion from Rs.785.5 million.
The company’s board finalised the accounts at a meeting held here Thursday and also recommended a dividend of 30 percent.
According to Orchid managing director K. Raghavendra Rao, the last fiscal had several positive developments for the company.
“We could introduce high-value, niche antibiotic formulations Cefepime and Cefdinir in the US market. The company last year crossed $100 million revenue from the US generics market. We have commenced our foray into the non-antibiotic segment and also taken steps to enter Japan,” he said.
The company also forged a business alliance with Ranbaxy.
- TVS logs 28 percent net profit, to launch new vehicles - May 24, 2012
- Wage hike dips Wipro net, projects flat growth - Jul 20, 2011
- Power Grid's third quarter profit up 21.18 percent - Feb 08, 2011
- Va Tech Wabag betting big on desalination water projects - May 25, 2012
- Reliance Industries net up 6.1 percent (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- Granules India's revenues rise 37 percent - Apr 24, 2012
- Wipro projects higher IT revenue on strong growth (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Wipro sees higher IT revenue in Q3 on strong growth - Oct 22, 2010
- Idea Cellular's third quarter net profit declines - Jan 23, 2012
- Orchid Chemicals signs out-licensing deal with Alvogen - May 05, 2010
- China's 2011 fiscal revenue hits $1.64 trillion - Jan 20, 2012
- Wipro net up 31 percent, ups IT revenue guidance (Lead) - Jul 23, 2010
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 15.8 percent - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: orchid chemicals