Oral supplements enhance Botox injection’s effectsSeptember 2nd, 2010 - 3:16 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sept 2 (ANI): A new study has revealed that consuming oral dietary supplements four days before receiving Botox injections made the toxin more effective in 93 percent of patients.
Dr. Charles Soparkar at The Methodist Hospital in Houston found that a dietary supplement of organic zinc and the enzyme phytase four days before receiving botulinum toxin injections showed improved results of the Botox treatment.
Many of the patients in the study were being treated for a rare form of eyelid spasm and had previously responded poorly to botulinum toxin injections.
“The toxins seemed to have greater effect and last longer. Potentially, this could mean using less toxin, offering patients financial savings, greater safety, and more consistent results,” said Soparkar.
Soparkar’s research team will present the effect of dietary zinc supplementation on botulinum toxin treatments at the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery’s 41st Annual Fall Scientific Symposium on Oct. 14 in Chicago. (ANI)
- Re-engineered toxins can treat asthma, arthritis - Jan 02, 2012
- Botox may not be effective in treating migraines - Feb 10, 2011
- Now, treat chronic migraine with Botox - Aug 30, 2011
- Botox jabs can ease tennis elbow pain - Apr 27, 2010
- Beauty treatment gives relief to Parkinson's patients - Apr 23, 2010
- US teenagers get 12,000 botox jabs in a year - Aug 13, 2010
- Botox 'may help women with vaginal spasms that prevent them from having sex' - Feb 26, 2011
- Botox may help reduce 'eye-popping' migraine headaches - Feb 16, 2010
- Botox jabs 'cause muscles to waste away into fat' - Dec 04, 2010
- Botox found to ease excruciating nerve pain - Jun 11, 2010
- FDA Approves Botox To Prevent Migraines - Oct 18, 2010
- Spinal 'Botox' jab could relieve pain - Dec 26, 2010
- Botox may help keep anger, sadness at bay - Feb 10, 2010
- Cosmetic shots could ease migraine symptoms - Feb 16, 2010
- Botox 'can alleviate severe spinal headaches' - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: amp, botox, botox injections, botox treatment, botulinum toxin injections, consistent results, dietary supplement, dietary supplements, dietary zinc supplementation, dr charles, eyelid spasm, methodist hospital in houston, ophthalmic plastic, oral supplements, reconstructive surgery, symposium, toxins