One third of women duck the truth when asked about ex-partnersJuly 19th, 2010 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 19 (ANI): When women are asked about the number of their partners, third of women dodge the truth while 64 per cent of these cut down on the number, researchers have found.
Half lie because they ‘feel ashamed’ of the number, while a further 19 per cent don’t want to be seen as promiscuous.
A fifth of women would be dishonest about their number of sexual partners if their new partner had slept with fewer people than them.
Researchers have also shown that there is a split between the genders when it comes to answering the potentially embarrassing question.
A higher proportion of men- 43 per cent - lie to their new partner. In these cases, around 60 per cent increase the amount.
Around 42 per cent of men said they were ‘reluctant’ to settle down.
In contrast, 21 per cent of the women claim to be ‘reluctant’ to settle down in a relationship.
The average number of sexual partners - according to the survey by www.MyVoucher-Codes.co.uk - was seven for women and 13 for men.
“I would suggest starting a new relationship with honesty .If you start with a lie, it is more likely to end with a lot more lies,” the Daily Mail quoted Mark Pearson, managing director of the website as saying. (ANI)
- More than half of UK men do most of the cooking at home - Mar 23, 2011
- Rows over money are the most likely cause of break-ups in UK - Jan 05, 2011
- Demanding women making Brit men 'jumpy' in bed - Jul 25, 2010
- Now, men are getting broody too! - Feb 14, 2011
- Women can be more promiscuous than men - May 19, 2012
- Sleeping with your boss 'can boost your career' - Aug 28, 2010
- 'Fat days' lower men's confidence in the bedroom - Jul 27, 2010
- Men think they perform better than they really do in the bedroom - Oct 05, 2010
- One in 10 Brit women fakes orgasm - Mar 10, 2010
- Men still like to pay for first dates - Mar 29, 2011
- When men outnumber women, females marry younger - Sep 16, 2010
- Women 'get drunk before having sex because they lack confidence' - Mar 13, 2011
- 50pc of Brit men are bedroom flops - Nov 25, 2010
- Women in 40s have better sex lives - Oct 04, 2010
- Lack of love and sex 'driving over-50s to divorce' - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,