Olympic torch arrives in South KoreaApril 27th, 2008 - 3:06 pm ICT by admin
Seoul , Apr.27 (ANI): The Olympic torch arrived Sunday in South Korea on the latest leg of its world tour, with demonstrators vowing to disrupt its run through the city that hosted the 1988 Summer Games.
The torch relay would begin from a park built for the Seoul Olympics and make a 24-kilometer-long journey to City Hall.
Organizers have refused to reveal the exact course because of concerns over disruptions.
Some 8,000-riot police were being deployed to guard the flame, along with some 100 officers with marathon-running experience to follow the torch in shifts.
Officials say they will arrest anyone who tries to interrupt the relay. (ANI)
- England football legend Jack Charlton to run Olympic torch relay - Jun 15, 2012
- 2012 London Olympics torch relay to pass through 1,000 places - Nov 07, 2011
- London 2012 organizers confirm route for Olympic Flame - Mar 19, 2012
- Rupert Grint carries the Olympic torch - Jul 26, 2012
- First torchbearer for Olympic torch relay announced - May 11, 2012
- London 2012 organisers to auction Olympic torches - Jun 21, 2012
- Olympic Torch sold for over £150,000 on the auction site eBay - May 22, 2012
- Demand for Olympic torch soars - Jul 27, 2012
- Russia plans to send Olympic torch into space - Jul 08, 2011
- Olympic Flame reaches Acropolis for handover ceremony - May 17, 2012
- 2012 Olympic torch lit in Ancient Olympia - May 10, 2012
- Olympic flame travels to Dublin - Jun 06, 2012
- Olympic flame lit in Greece (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Drogba to run in Olympic torch relay - May 23, 2012
- Flame for Innsbruck 2012 Youth Olympics lit in Athens - Dec 18, 2011