Olivia Newton-Johns secret of eternal youth is happiness with her hubbyNovember 14th, 2008 - 5:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 14 (ANI): Hollywood actress Olivia Newton-John, who just celebrated her 60th birthday, has revealed her secret to staying so young-looking her recent marriage.
Newton, who has gone through a lot, including cancer, divorce, the disappearance of her partner and her daughters anorexia, married health guru John Easterling, 56, in June this year in a mountaintop ceremony in Peru.
I guess Im lucky, genetically, Im like my mum and she looked great right up until her death in 1989, The Mirror quoted Newton, as saying.
But I think the real secret is that I am very, very happy. I have a wonderful new husband and were very compatible. Im having the best time and Im in a great place emotionally, she added.
Newton and her current husband met 15 years ago through mutual friends.
Olivias dog had just had puppies and she gave one to John. Then, two years ago, he turned up at one of her shows and brought the dog, whos now 13 and called Sherlock.
I loved the dog and then I grew to love John, Newton said.
John and I are so well matched and have so much in common. He makes me smile all the time and thats so important, Newton added.
Sherlock also plays a part in helping Olivia stay young and fit, as taking him for walks around their Florida neighbourhood is part of her daily fitness regime.
I try to do something each day that involves getting out in nature, says Olivia.
Walking Sherlock is perfect. I play tennis and go to the gym three or four times a week, too. I feel great and certainly dont worry about being 60. Its just a number.
I feel alive, fit and active. I have no plans for retirement. My only concession to getting a little older is that I like to have a cat-nap in the afternoon. After that, I can push on through anything, she added. (ANI)
- Newton-John enjoying marital bliss at 60 - Nov 14, 2008
- Olivia's 'Physical' voted sexiest song - Jun 25, 2012
- Nick Jonas eyes 'Glee' cameo - Feb 17, 2011
- Olivia Newton-John's missing lover found in Mexican village - Aug 30, 2009
- 'Grease' hit 'You're The One That I Want' named 'biggest-selling duet of all time' - Jan 03, 2011
- Olivia Newton-John's ex-lover offers DNA sample to prove he's alive - May 31, 2010
- Olivia Newton-John says she has seen a UFO - Sep 25, 2009
- Olivia Newton-John still believes 'missing' lover is alive - Apr 29, 2009
- Friends shocked at Jeff Conaway's death - May 31, 2011
- At 62, Olivia Newton-John can still squeeze into hot Spandex trousers - Oct 05, 2009
- Julia Roberts to make guest appearance on Glee? - Mar 16, 2010
- Olivia Newton-John finds happiness in new marriage - Aug 10, 2008
- I feel safe in London: Thandie Newton - Aug 16, 2011
- Thandie Newton opens up about her affair with John Dulgan - Jun 08, 2011
- Olivia opens up about failed marriage - Aug 15, 2011
Tags: 60th birthday, actress olivia, anorexia, best time, cat nap, concession, disappearance, eternal youth, fitness regime, health guru, hollywood actress, hubby, john easterling, john newton, mountaintop, mutual friends, neighbourhood, newton johns, olivia newton john, sherlock