Octuplet mother launches online appeal for moneyFebruary 12th, 2009 - 12:55 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 12 (DPA) Nadya Suleman, the US woman who gave birth to eight children Jan 26, has unveiled a new plan to care for her brood of 14 amid growing concern that taxpayers could foot the bill for her medically enhanced reproduction.
The Los Angeles single mother unveiled a website Wednesday with photos of the tiny babies and an appeal for donations.
The website at thenadyasulemanfamily.com was put together by Suleman’s recently hired public relations firm and includes links for paypal donations and an address where people can send cheques.
The lime green website has a baby theme with rainbows, hearts and spelling blocks scattered among the photos of the babies. There’s also one shot of of Suleman (from her NBC appearance) with the caption: “Proud mother of 14″.
The online appeal came amid growing doubts about the unemployed Suleman’s ability to support her children, as it emerged that she reportedly received food stamps for her six older children and government payments for three children with disabilities.
Suleman told NBC that she had no income besides student loans and that she paid more than $100,000 of her own money to get the fertility treatment that led to the octuplets. The reports said that the bill for delivery and post-natal treatment of the still-hospitalised octuplets - estimated at $1.5 million to $3 million - would be paid by the state medical care programme for low-income patients.
- Octomom faces probe by social workers for filming baby fetish video - Jan 21, 2011
- Nadya Suleman Reveals All To Oprah Winfrey - Apr 21, 2010
- Nadya Suleman To Do A Porn Movie? - Sep 19, 2010
- Octomom Nadya Suleman makes her horror movie debut - Oct 19, 2011
- Octomom Nadya Suleman to sell bikini, bra to feed her 14 kids - Sep 26, 2010
- Baby Addict "Octomom" Seeks Financial Solution In "Oprah Winfrey Show" - Jan 17, 2011
- Octuplets mum says shes not trying to ape Angelina Jolie - Feb 12, 2009
- 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman To Appear In "Oprah Winfrey Show" - Apr 15, 2010
- Octomom To Come Into Sight On The Show Of Oprah Winfrey - Apr 15, 2010
- Nadya Suleman Exists With Guilt Every Day - Apr 21, 2010
- US octo-mother has TV reality show deal on horizon: Report - Apr 12, 2009
- Octuplet grandma in US blasts daughter - Feb 10, 2009
- Octo-Mom's 14 to earn $250 each - Jul 27, 2009
- Octomom Of America, Nadya Suleman, Voices To Oprah Winfrey That She Was A Baby Addict - Jan 17, 2011
- Octomom inks $250k reality show deal - Jul 27, 2009
Tags: baby theme, brood, children with disabilities, doubts, dpa, fertility treatment, food stamps, government payments, growing concern, income patients, medical care, nadya, nbc, octuplets, paypal donations, proud mother, single mother, student loans, tiny babies, us woman