Now, Wi-Fi washing basket to change how you wash clothesMarch 31st, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 31 (ANI): It’s time to bid adieu to those traditional washing machines that required you to make multiple rounds of the bathroom carrying that basket of dirty clothes, thanks to a Wi-Fi washing basket that would do all your laundry on its own.
The see-through basket would automatically start when the dirty clothes placed in the basket hit a certain weight.
Office goers, who forget to switch on the device, could use the wireless technology to set off their washing remotely from their desks at work.
With the testing of the new invention, Electrolux is trying to find the next major household-washing appliance.
And now, the company is hoping to build working prototypes of these designs within the next two years.
University design students from around the world submitted the design of the washing baskets, along with many other designs, to Electrolux’s annual design competition.
“The design of the washing machine has not changed all that much in the last 30 or 40 years. We are very excited about what is possible in the future. The technology is there, we just have to use it,” the Telegraph quoted Frederique Pirame, of Electrolux, as saying.
Pirame said that the designs stood a strong chance of being produced on a commercial basis.
All the designs will be unveiled as models at the Grand Designs exhibition at the London Excel centre later this month.
However, Pirame admitted the basket would need tweaking, because it is not clever enough to separate out colours from whites. (ANI)
- Vibrations to help in energy harvesting - May 07, 2012
- Shanghai buses to have Wi-Fi - Jul 10, 2012
- Study reveals that using Wi-Fi on a laptop 'damages sperm' - Nov 30, 2011
- Google, O-Zone tie up to provide free Wi-Fi access - Jan 12, 2012
- Sony enters Indian tablet market - Dec 14, 2011
- Welcome to New Yorkers' wild wild world of Wi-Fi - Feb 01, 2010
- Beetel launches Rs.9,999 tablet in India - Aug 17, 2011
- Measuring Wi-Fi attacks can combat cyber crimes - Sep 13, 2011
- Wi-Fi connectivity on Howrah Rajdhani from September - Mar 30, 2012
- Joe Jonas wears dirty clothes - Aug 14, 2011
- Vodafone launches mobile wi-fi device - Mar 14, 2011
- AirTran Airways and Delta to offer free Wi-Fi during holiday season - Nov 09, 2010
- Sonam to endorse Electrolux home appliances - Oct 04, 2010
- Shanghai mulls free Wi-Fi service - Jul 25, 2012
- New Apple iPad in wi-fi trouble? - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: baskets, colours, commercial basis, design competition, design students, desks, dirty clothes, electrolux, exhibition, goers, household, laundry, models, new invention, prototypes, tweaking, washing machine, washing machines, wi fi, wireless technology