Now, Queen Rania of Jordan hops on to the Twitter bandwagonMay 9th, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 9 (ANI): After Barack Obama and Britney Spears, Queen Rania of Jordan has become the latest high profiler to join the microblogging service Twitter.
Rania Al Abdullah, the wife of King Abdullah II, has had more than 2,000 followers and had recently updated her profile 17 times.
The 38-year-old dubbed herself as “a mum and a wife with a really cool day job” on her Twitter page while giving interesting peeps into her royal and personal life.
“Just choppered to airport to receive Pope. Husband piloting, he got acrobatic to quiet butterflies in stomach :) told u he was action man!” the Telegraph quoted one message as saying.
Another one read: “Wknd begins for us, watching Matthew McConaughey in Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Glad I’m not single. It’s vicious out there!”
The royal, who was named the third most beautiful woman in the world in the 2005 top 100 of Harpers & Queen magazine, has had a long standing history of using social media sites and new web-based technologies.
She launched her own channel on YouTube with a video in which she asked people to send her their questions about Islam and the Arab world last year.
Queen Rania was also honoured with the inaugural YouTube Visionary Award at YouTube Live in recognition for her use of the video-sharing website as a platform for positive social change. (ANI)
- Gaga becomes 1st musician to attract over 1bn video views on YouTube - Oct 26, 2010
- YouTube to show British royal wedding live - Apr 20, 2011
- Video accounts for half of mobile data traffic - Feb 24, 2012
- Now, Queen Elizabeth joins Facebook! - Nov 07, 2010
- Why was Guwahati molestation video put on YouTube, ask netizens - Jul 13, 2012
- Matthew Mcconaughey to again become dad - Jul 05, 2012
- The Queen a massive internet star - Feb 21, 2010
- Queen's first ever Christmas message is YouTube hit - Jan 03, 2011
- Cartoonist maps world of social networking - Oct 20, 2010
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO - Oct 30, 2010
- Employees beware! Facebook, Twitter can harm your job prospects - Nov 14, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth II finally joins Flickr - Jul 26, 2010
- McConaughey said no to 'bachelor party' - Jul 09, 2012
- PMO now on Youtube - Mar 11, 2012
- Royal wedding will be streamed live on YouTube - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: abdullah ii, action man, arab world, bandwagon, barack obama, beautiful woman, britney spears, butterflies, day job, harpers, king abdullah ii, matthew mcconaughey, peeps, personal life, profiler, queen magazine, queen rania of jordan, rania of jordan, video sharing website, youtube