Now, Kim Jong Il reported as watching art performance by official mediaNovember 6th, 2008 - 4:28 pm ICT by ANI
Moscow, Nov 6 (ANI): Kim Jong Il, top leader of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (DPRK), attended a concert of the countrys most prominent performing groups, the official daily paper Rodong Sinmun has said.
The state run KCNA news agency and the Rodong Shinmoon, newspaper of the Central Committee of the Korean Workers Party (KWP) reported on Thursday, without mentioning a date or venue of the concert.
Traditionally, the local media do not publish photographs from performances attended by the DPRK Leader, Itar Tass reported.
According to the KCNA report, Kim Jong Il appreciated the execution of choral and orchestral works by the Mansudae Art Troupe, the Merited State Choir, and other creative collectives.
At the close of the concert, Kim greeted the audience, waving his hand from the VIP box.
He expressed deep satisfaction with the performance, and thanked the performers for the concert, the Rodong Shinmoon reported.
During the visit, Secretaries and Departmental Chiefs of the KWP Central Committee, as well as by Generals of the Korean Peoples Army accompanied Kim.
Early in September, South Korean media referring to intelligence sources had circulated information that Kim Jong Il had suffered from a cerebral crisis and had gone through an operation on the brain.
Since then foreign observers have been attentively following any reports about the activities of the DPRK leader. (ANI)
- North Korea confirms mystery woman is leader's wife - Jul 26, 2012
- North Korea girl dies saving Kim portraits - Jun 28, 2012
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un promoted to top military rank - Jul 18, 2012
- North Korea mourns Kim Jong-il - Dec 29, 2011
- Kim's death: US in touch with South Korea - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
- North Korean ruling party members convene for rare meeting - Sep 06, 2010
- Dead North Korean leader's son 'great successor': Media - Dec 19, 2011
- South Korea's former first lady in Pyongyang for condolences - Dec 26, 2011
- Kim Jong-il to be embalmed - Jan 12, 2012
- North Korean leader's son made general - Sep 28, 2010
- North Korea confirms Kim Jong-un is married (Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 25, 2012
- Kim Jong-un signs order of battle - Aug 27, 2012
- Kim Jong Un appointed North Korea's top military commander - Jan 01, 2012
- No hostility, South Korea tells North - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: art performance, art troupe, central committee, collectives, countrys, democratic peoples republic, democratic peoples republic of korea, dprk, intelligence sources, kcna, kim early, kim jong il, korean media, korean workers, local media, orchestral works, republic of korea, state choir, tass, workers party