Now, an iPod jacket with in-built speakers for joggers and motorcyclistsMarch 6th, 2009 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 6 (ANI): Motocyclists and joggers can now listen to their iPods and other MP3 players without ignoring traffic or emergency vehicle sirens, thanks to an iPod jacket that has inbuilt speakers in its shoulder pads.
Called the Sound Walk, the jacket could enable iPod users to carry around their own loudspeakers when they are out doors.
Resembling a piece of military kit, the contraption might just turn out to be a fashion icon in its own right, according to the manufacturer.
The biggest USP for Sound Walk is that it makes listening to music safer for joggers and motorcycle riders.
Earphones can often obscure outside sounds if being used at high volume.
The MP3 player plugs into a front pocket wired to speakers are built into the shoulder pads to ensure the person wearing the jacket gets the best sound.
Running on two AAA batteries, the technology was developed in Korea, and will soon be launched in the UK and Europe.
“Our products are made for the people who are using our products out doors, the Telegraph quoted a spokesman as saying.
He added: “Even though the speakers are loud enough for the user, people standing just beside even wont hear much because of where the speakers are placed, below the ear, on the shoulder.”
However, he admitted: “Of course, inside a room other people can listen but this is not what it is for.”
He revealed that the product had been in development for three years.
We have developed these products to help people to listen to music while they are doing outdoor activities or exercise, he said.
“Listening to music by earphone is a really big problem and a hot issue in every country because it can cause serious ear damages .
“Earphones also add to the danger when it comes to listening to music while doing exercise or riding, for example, a bicycle or motorcycle because they can block outside noises.
“But we didn”t make our products only to protect but also for those who might want to the speaker vest, particularly people who like these kind of military or cyber looks!” he added. (ANI)
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- New 'Headphone Hoodie' lets you play music from your hoodie! - Jan 12, 2011
- Listening to iPods at 'jet' volume can make you deaf - Apr 21, 2010
- iPod users warned to pull out earphones when on the move - Aug 06, 2010
- Study finds hearing impact of 'turning up the volume in a noisy place' - Mar 10, 2011
- Young music fans with 'iPod-itis' at greater risk of going deaf - Feb 12, 2011
- Jobs demise a great loss: Ratan Tata - Oct 06, 2011
- Do organic tea, musical pillows and eye masks really help you sleep better? - Feb 02, 2011
- Best Cyber Monday Deals From Apple - Nov 30, 2010
- New brain training app for research into ageing minds developed - Mar 04, 2011
- Apple sells 3 million iPads in 80 days - Jun 23, 2010
- Started with borrowed money, Apple becomes world's No. 1 company - Aug 11, 2011
- Listening to iPod while gyming can make you deaf - Jan 22, 2010
- Beware! MP3 players cause early hearing loss - Dec 29, 2011
- Apple iPad available for Rs.27,900 in India - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: aaa batteries, bicycle, contraption, earphone, earphones, emergency vehicle, fashion icon, high volume, hot issue, ipod jacket, ipods, joggers, loudspeakers, military kit, motorcycle riders, motorcyclists, mp3 players, shoulder pads, sirens, usp