Now, access Facebook on your mobile phone at the touch of a button!February 16th, 2011 - 1:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 16 (ANI): Now, just press a button on your mobile phone and it will connect you to your Facebook account.
Mobile phone giant HTC has launched two handsets that will allow owners to access the social networking site at the touch of a button, reports the Daily Mail.
By pressing the ‘F’ logo, users will be able to instantly share photos, music and even their exact location on an in-built map from their mobile phone.
At the moment, owners of iPhones and similar products have to use a touch-screen process to access pages on the popular social networking site.
In a clear attempt to target the teenage market, the Taiwanese phone maker has named the two phones Salsa and ChaCha.
The phones might be on sale in the UK in April.However, the makers have refused to divulge the cost of the phones, which were unveiled at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Salsa is a touch-screen-only phone with a 3.4-inch screen. ChaCha has 2.6-inch touch-screen with a separate keyboard, which looks a lot like a Blackberry.
HTC and Facebook have spent two years developing the two phones.
The devices have Facebook built into their contacts system, allowing users to see Facebook friends and message them.
Facebook events appear in the phones’ calendar and there is also a built-in Facebook chat application, which will rival Blackberry’s instant message service.
The dedicated Facebook key pulsates when the user shares information.When taking photos, the user simply has press the ‘F’ button and the images will appear on their Facebook profile.
Similarly, when using Google maps owners of the phone can press the ‘F’ button to give friends their exact location.
Meanwhile, HTC confirmed that the phones are not being officially branded as Facebook phones.
The company hopes the integration of the social network will appeal to a generation of new consumers who use the site to run their social calendars.
“We wanted to create the ultimate socially connected phones with mass market appeal,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC. (ANI)
- New smartphones give instant access to Facebook - Feb 16, 2011
- Rumored Facebook Phones are Coming - Feb 16, 2011
- Now, Facebook launches its own phone - Feb 11, 2011
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- Blackberry Torch review - Sep 22, 2010
- Making calls least popular smartphone function - Jun 30, 2012
- HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India - Jun 27, 2011
- BlackBerry Torch smartphone to take on Apple's iPhone - Aug 04, 2010
- Windows Phone 7.5 launched in India - Oct 12, 2011
- HTC launches Sensation smartphone in India - Jun 16, 2011
- Facebook to ask users phone details - Jun 15, 2012
- Facebook 'working on phone with HTC' - Jul 27, 2012
- HTC Evo Shift Unveiled By Sprint Nextel, Possibly Coming At CES 2011 - Jan 05, 2011
- Facebook hopes to dominate the mobile world - Nov 04, 2010
- RIM launches new BlackBerry smartphone in India - Oct 14, 2010
Tags: access pages, daily mail, exact location, facebook friends, google, google maps, handsets, htc, london feb, message service, mobile phone giant, mobile world, photos music, share photos, social calendars, social networking site, taking photos, teenage market, touch screen, world congress