Now, a ’sports cord’ that burns 400 calories in just 20 minutes!January 11th, 2011 - 1:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 11 (ANI): Do you hate spending hours at the gym? Here’s a new exercise machine that claims to give your body a full workout in just 20 minutes and burns up to 400 calories.
The Ripcore FX is a 12-foot long ’sports cord’ which can be attached to any fixed pole, reports the Daily Mail.
To use it, you move the cord in different directions to work the muscles in your legs, arms, core and upper body to help maintain an upright, balanced posture.
It can be used by a single person or, by attaching more cords, up to 8 people at once.
Unlike a traditional gym session, involving cardio followed by weights, the Ripcore claims to do both, as it mimics the range of movements you do in group sports and in everyday life in a very intense workout.
The cord has a clip, which you can attach to your leg to do squats or lunges, but using all your muscles, so it also tones your stomach.
Or you can attach it to your arm to do arm curls that also work your back.
Working these extra muscles means burning three times more calories than traditional exercises, claim the manufacturers.
The idea is to twist and rotate the muscles but maintain an upright balanced posture to avoid back strain.
Created in the USA, it is currently being trialled in two Virgin Active gyms with plans to roll it out to branches nationwide from this month.
The cords can also be purchased to use at home or the office from 13 pounds. (ANI)
- Boost your energy with plyometric exercise - Oct 15, 2010
- The most common myths about exercise - Nov 21, 2010
- Cut your flab 'while at office, outside and even when asleep' - Apr 24, 2011
- How to make that backache vanish - Jul 08, 2011
- Spanish gym offers nude exercise sessions to win back business - Apr 27, 2011
- Study: Exercise has minor effect on weight loss - Sep 21, 2010
- Music in gyms - motivation or distraction? - Dec 01, 2010
- Exercising and still overweight? Don't gorge on carbs - Apr 09, 2010
- Working out during lunch-breaks builds everyday fitness - Oct 31, 2010
- Dare to bare toned legs with thigh-high slits! - Aug 12, 2012
- Legs - vital clues in heart failure - Nov 01, 2011
- Festive shopping as good as trip to the gym! - Dec 19, 2009
- Bikram yoga 'doesn't really help you lose weight' - Nov 06, 2010
- Exercising? Get your clothes right - Mar 19, 2010
- Serious about gyming? Read Arnold Schwarzenegger, says Aamir - May 17, 2010
Tags: arm curls, calories, cardio, daily mail, everyday life, exercise machine, exercises, fx, group sports, gyms, intense workout, legs, london jan, lunges, muscles, posture, squats, stomach, three times, weights