Now, a device to turn air into drinking waterJanuary 11th, 2008 - 5:12 pm ICT by admin
Washington, January 11 (ANI): A Texas-based company has created a device that can turn air into drinking water.
Aquamaker claims that much like a dehumidifier, its new technology works to capture humidity in the air and convert it into water.
The machines comprises of filters which prevent pollutants in the air from getting channelled into the resulting water.
“It’s your own well, and it’s clean,” the Environmental News Network quoted Eita Markovits, the CEO of Aquamaker’s Israel branch, as telling The Jerusalem Post.
“We believe that five to ten years from now, we will be part of how Israel supplies its citizens with water,” Markovits added.
Aquamaker claims that its machines are capable of producing up to 5,000 litres of water at a time, which would be enough to supply an entire village with fresh water without having to drain an area’s precious natural resources.
The company says that upon being used with a solar power generator, its device provides an environmentally friendly alternative to bottled water for areas with a limited tap water supply.
Currently, the devices are sold in the US, Australia, Israel, and several other countries, and are available in both commercial and industrial sizes. (ANI)
- Wind turbine produces water out of thin air - May 01, 2012
- Israel keen on helping Goa meet its dairy deficit - Aug 25, 2012
- Where has all water gone, asks thirty Taj city - Mar 22, 2011
- No more bottled water for Israel ministers - Aug 09, 2010
- Most Delhi slums without proper toilets: Study - Aug 30, 2011
- Israeli drone sensor pinpoint terror sites - Jun 18, 2012
- 1,000 tonnes of fat cleaned from London sewers - Jul 14, 2010
- New systems to extract water from air, discover pipeline leaks, clean sewage water - Sep 11, 2010
- Ultrasonic nozzle boosts water's cleansing power - Nov 10, 2011
- Machine to put asthmatics to bed - Nov 25, 2011
- Mexican town takes on world's richest man - Jul 23, 2012
- Water Water Everywhere, But Not A Drop To Drink - Mar 23, 2009
- Novel device filters heavy metals from water - Dec 18, 2011
- World's newest country beckons Indians to shine (Letter from Juba) - Mar 18, 2012
- World's newest country beckons Indians to shine (Letter from Juba) (With Images) - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: aquamaker, australia, bottled water, ceo, citizens, drinking water, environmental news, fresh water, humidity, israel, israel branch, jerusalem post, new technology, news network, pollutants, precious natural resources, solar power generator, tap water, water supply