Notice to Uttar Pradesh over 90 missing childrenJuly 13th, 2012 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Friday issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh government over the 90 children missing from the state’s Ghaziabad district in the last six months.
“We have asked the chief secretary and district authorities to respond in four weeks over 90 children who have gone missing between January 1 and July 1 this year,” said an NHRC official.
According to media reports, of the 251 children who went missing from Ghaziabad in 2011, 115 remain untraced.
“There may be several other instances in Ghaziabad where the police might not have registered the missing report in respect of the missing children,” said the official.
The NHRC has also asked the chief secretary to inform it whether guidelines on missing children issued by the commissi0on were followed.
The guidelines were issued Aug 6, 2007.
- Notice to Delhi government over 50 missing children - Jul 18, 2012
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to UP government - Jul 25, 2012
- Apex court seeks response to NGO's missing children action plan plea - Aug 28, 2012
- Rights panel notice to Jharkhand over 22 workers' deaths - Jul 11, 2012
- NHRC seeks report on Assam violence - Aug 01, 2012
- Notice to Uttar Pradesh government on medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- Farm suicides: NHRC issues notices to states - Dec 20, 2011
- NHRC notice to Haryana on abandoned baby girls - Jul 11, 2012
- Rights panel notice to Delhi over ailing workers - Jul 09, 2012
- Rights panel finalises Bhatta-Parsaul report - Jul 05, 2011
- Scheme for children under rights panel's lens - Jul 29, 2011
- Rights panel notice to Karnataka on school kids - Aug 14, 2012
- NHRC takes up lynching of truck driver near Agra - Sep 21, 2011
- NHRC seeks response on unauthorised drug trial - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: chief secretary, district authorities, ghaziabad, human rights commission, instances, january 1, july 1, missing children, national human rights, national human rights commission, New Delhi, nhrc, six months, uttar pradesh government