No helmet, no petrol in RanchiJanuary 31st, 2012 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 31 (IANS) If you drive into a Ranchi petrol station on your two-wheeler without a helmet, be prepared to be refused fuel.
To ensure the safety of bikers, the Ranchi district administration has directed petrol pump owners not to give fuel to those who are not wearing a helmet, an official said Tuesday.
“Deputy Commissioner (DC) of Ranchi K.K. Soan has directed all pump owners of Ranchi not to give petrol to two-wheeler riders without helmets. He has also asked petrol pump owners to come out with such a notice at their petrol pumps,” an official told IANS.
Petrol pump owners have also been asked to set up CCTV cameras. Soan has also asked them to note down the number of a two-wheeler if its rider is without a helmet and tries to get petrol by force.
The move is aimed at minimising the casualties in road accidents.
In Ranchi, there are more than 43,000 registered two-wheelers. Police in the past had launched a special drive against those not wearing helmet. Ranchi police early this month had also started garlanding such riders.
Petrol pump owners are skeptical of the move. There are around 95 petrol stations in Ranchi.
- No helmet, no petrol in this Uttar Pradesh district - Apr 11, 2011
- No helmet, no fuel for Srinagar two-wheeler riders - Jun 08, 2011
- No helmet, no petrol for two-wheelers in Bhopal - May 20, 2011
- Two school students die in Ranchi road accident - Feb 10, 2012
- Women two-wheeler riders may have to wear helmets - Jul 04, 2011
- Kolkata police 'humming' Kolaveri to rein in errant bikers - Dec 27, 2011
- Helmets must for bikers, pillion riders: Transport minister (Goa Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- Helmets to be made mandatory for women in Delhi - Apr 25, 2012
- Crackdown against unruly mobikers in Srinagar - Jun 05, 2012
- High Court notice to Delhi government on contempt plea - Jul 13, 2012
- No helmets, no classes for Madhya Pradesh students - May 11, 2011
- Notice to Delhi government on plea to make helmet compulsory - Aug 24, 2011
- Campaign against harassment of women in Ranchi - Sep 16, 2011
- Road accidents cost India $20 bn every year - Feb 19, 2012
- Court tells dealers to sell helmets with two-wheelers - Jul 30, 2009
Tags: bikers, casualties, cctv cameras, deputy commissioner, district administration, helmet, helmets, petrol pumps, petrol station, petrol stations, ranchi district, road accidents, soan, two wheeler