Nine militants surrendered in TripuraJune 5th, 2008 - 10:11 pm ICT by ANI
By Pinaki Das
Agartala, June 5 (ANI): Eight militants belonging to the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) laid down their arms and came back to normal life at Betbagan in remote Dhalai district Tripura on Wednesday.
The militants laid arms to Assam Rifles handed over a 7.62 mm SLR and 42 live cartridges and Improvised Explosive Device (IED).
The militants informed that they had initially take gun to fight for a separate tribal homeland but on realizing that it is baseless they decided to come back to the main stream of life.
All the cadres have been trained in using the latest arms and ammunitions at their training camps spread through out Bangladesh, which surrounds Tripura from three sides, from there they operate, they informed.
In separate incidents two NLFT (BM) militants namely Chikan Chand Tripura and Rajendra Tripura and three BNCT militants namely Mangal Tripura, Kamlijoy Tripura and Devsajoy Tripura surrendered before officer in charge Chawmanu PS at Kshetri Cherra under Chawmanu PS in North Tripura.
During surrender they deposited BNCT subscription pad and Bangladeshi currency notes. (ANI)
- Militants take abducted Tripura villagers to Bangladesh - Jul 24, 2011
- Militant killed in Tripura - Jul 22, 2012
- Nine Tripura terrorists flee Bangladesh, surrender - May 17, 2011
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- Three militants arrested in Tripura - Jun 18, 2012
- Tripura guerrillas abduct eight villagers - Jul 20, 2011
- 16 Tripura terrorists flee Bangladeshi camps, surrender - Aug 11, 2010
- Militants abduct 11 labourers in Tripura - Dec 08, 2010
- 28 NLFT militants surrender in Tripura - Jan 12, 2009
- 10 people abducted by rebels in Tripura, Mizoram - Jun 08, 2011
- Abducted Tripura tribals flee rebels' camp in Bangladesh - Dec 02, 2011
- Militants kidnap three CPI-M activists in Tripura - Sep 16, 2010
- Economic development tamed terrorism: Tripura Police chief - Jun 15, 2011
- Abducted Tripura tribals taken to Bangladesh - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: agartala, ammunitions, assam rifles, bangladesh, cadres, chand, cherra, currency, explosive device, main stream, militants, national liberation front, nlft, north tripura, rajendra, slr, stream of life, surrender, training camps, tribal homeland