Nigella Lawson gives stamp of approval on foodAugust 4th, 2008 - 8:00 pm ICT by ANI
London , Aug 4 (ANI): English food writer, journalist and broadcaster Nigella Lawson plans on putting her trademark stamp on several well-known foods.
Lawson, 48, submitted a lengthy list of food and drink item requests to be trademarked in the name of her TV series and book, Nigella Express.
Of the items listed were some interesting products like beer vinegar, biscuits for human consumption, royal jelly for human consumption, sausages in batter and fresh seaweed, and it also included alcoholic beverages from cider to cocktails.
The reason she would like these items to have her trademark, is because she would like to protect herself from anyone else bringing out products under the Nigella Express name.
Nigella Express came out last year and this is just guarding a desire to protect brands, Daily Express quoted her spokesman as saying. (ANI)
- 'Slapdash' TV cook Nigella Lawson 'hated food as a child and can't iron' - Oct 17, 2010
- Top 5 Superfoods of the World - Sep 01, 2010
- Seaweed could be a powerful new weapon against obesity - Jul 20, 2010
- Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- ICICI Bank trademarks corporate jingle - Mar 13, 2011
- India's biscuit industry heading towards premiumisation (Feature) - May 03, 2012
- Increase milk, vegetables production to curb food inflation: Thomas - Oct 30, 2011
- Raw milk straight from cow's udder unsafe for health: Experts - Feb 06, 2011
- Seaweed: rich source of nutrition for heart - Jul 21, 2011
- Three Lions order spicy sauces to dull injury-related pain - May 12, 2010
- Chicken sausages in desi avatar on Indian plates - Jul 25, 2009
- Food festival from the land of the rising sun (Eating out with IANS) - Jan 21, 2010
- Chemicals from seaweeds damage coral on contact - May 11, 2010
- Indians dig into sausages - desi style - Jul 26, 2009
- Celebs share their hangover cures - Dec 30, 2009
Tags: alcoholic beverages, biscuits, broadcaster, cocktails, desire, english food, food and drink, food writer, human consumption, interesting products, journalist, nigella express, nigella lawson, royal jelly, sausages, seaweed, spokesman, stamp of approval, tv series, vinegar