New weight-loss pill made of hot chili peppers may help fight obesityJuly 9th, 2010 - 2:20 pm ICT by ANI
New York, July 9 (ANI): A new weight-loss pill that is made from hot chili peppers is said to be so effective that it can help dieters shed loads of flab without any exercise.
According to the Daily Mail, the pill, Capsiplex, which contains a substance found in hot chili peppers, is very popular in Britain right now, and A-list celebs like Brad Pitt and Jennifer Lopez are reputed to have used it.
The pill is made with capsaicinoids, the active ingredient in chili peppers, which supposedly stimulate metabolism, burn flab and carbs, and step up the oxygenation rate in someone who’s exercising.
Tests at the University of Oklahoma in 2009 reported that those who took the pill burned 12 times more calories in one hour after an hour-long workout than those who popped a placebo.
“There is some pretty strong science behind the theory that chili boosts metabolic rate, which, in turn, burns energy,” the New York Daily News quoted Dr. Carel leRoux, an obesity specialist at the Imperial Weight Center at Imperial College in London, as saying.
“We know that chili stimulates receptors in the bowel when you eat a spicy meal. Increased heat means increased energy expenditure, and thus the boost to the metabolic rate,” leRoux stated.
But while short-term studies have shown chilies to be a calorie burner, consuming them can result in an irritated stomach.
The makers of Capsiplex said they’ve solved that problem with a coating that withstands strong stomach acids and won’t break down until it gets to the upper bowel.
Because the product contains only “natural” ingredients - caffeine and chili - it does not have side effects, the company added. (ANI)
- New celebrity slimming pill hits UK stores - Dec 28, 2009
- Cakes, chocolates made of chilli 'to help burn off those pounds!' - Mar 07, 2011
- Tri-pepper blend supplement burns as many calories as 20-min walk - Feb 03, 2010
- Hot red pepper can help burn unwanted calories - Apr 26, 2011
- The guide to drop '20 pounds in 30 days' and achieve 'a 15-minute orgasm' - Dec 17, 2010
- Now, fat buster diet pill to get in shape - Jun 14, 2010
- Now chilli chocolates to help burn calories - Mar 07, 2011
- 'Stop grazing, exercising and eat fatty foods' to lose those pounds! - Nov 08, 2010
- Eating moderate quantity of red pepper can help curb appetite - Apr 26, 2011
- 10-minute workout is essential for the body - Dec 07, 2010
- Heart hormone helps shape fat metabolism - Feb 07, 2012
- Hot peppers may help trim waistline - Apr 28, 2010
- Dr Oz: 7 Days to Boost Weight Loss & Cut Carb Cravings - Oct 11, 2011
- Naga Viper Named World's Hottest Chili Pepper - Dec 05, 2010
- Chili pepper ingredient helps fight obesity - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: brad pitt and jennifer, calorie burner, carel, college in london, daily mail, dieters, energy expenditure, fight obesity, flab, hot chili peppers, imperial college, irritated stomach, metabolic rate, new weight loss pill, new york daily news, obesity specialist, pitt and jennifer, spicy meal, stomach acids, upper bowel