New version of Google that solves Sudoku!January 11th, 2011 - 1:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 11 (ANI): A newer version of Google can now solve the math puzzle Sudoku - no matter how difficult it is.
A newly updated mobile phone application, called Google Goggles, uses a phone’s camera to capture a picture of any Sudoku puzzle and then sends it back to Google.
The servers at Google compute the answer and send back the image to the user.
Phil McNeill, the Daily Telegraph’s Puzzles Editor said the move was “a sad day” for puzzle fans.
“When you finally solve a real mind-bender, it brings a rush of achievement. I hope Google’s new tool won’t diminish that feeling,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
The application’s main function, however, is for price comparison information and general web searching.
Goggles is available on the iPhone and all Google Android phones. (ANI)
- Google's new application can solve Sudoku - Jan 11, 2011
- Google unveils instant translation application on mobiles - Jan 14, 2011
- Now an iPhone app that translates languages - Jul 15, 2012
- Half a billion Android devices activated: Google - Sep 13, 2012
- New mobile app developed to monitor data theft - Jul 06, 2012
- 3.1.3 OS For iPhone Released - Feb 03, 2010
- Maths genius creates hardest Sudoku yet - Aug 19, 2010
- Google to include personal email in web search results - Aug 09, 2012
- Google Goggle Application Launched For Android Users - Dec 08, 2009
- Now, group messaging apps on smartphones to connect 'real friends' - Mar 17, 2011
- Apple, Google working on wearable devices - Dec 20, 2011
- Ice cream sandwich powered Galaxy Nexus makes its debut - Oct 19, 2011
- Your iPhone could be spying on you - Dec 20, 2010
- Technology unable to keep up with vagaries of weather - Dec 23, 2010
- Android phones more popular than iPhones - Oct 13, 2010
Tags: daily telegraph, goggles, google, iphone, london jan, math puzzle, mcneill, mind bender, mobile phone, phone application, price comparison, puzzle fans, puzzles, rush, sad day, servers, sudoku puzzle