New high-tech camera phone can give digicams a run for their moneySeptember 2nd, 2008 - 7:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 2 (ANI): The new Samsung i8510 promises to give competition to most of the compact digital cameras, say experts.
With an eight-megapixel image sensor producing images of identical quality to most digital compact cameras, the new Samsung phone could be regarded as a milestone in camera phones.
Equipped with a flash, the i8510 can also detect when people in the picture are smiling.
Paul Nuttall, from What Digital Camera magazine, said the Korean firm’’s latest model and others in the same league could pave the way for many consumers to decide not to bother buying a compact.
“The gap has closed between compact digital cameras and camera phones in recent years, and I think the average consumer would struggle to see the difference between an eight-megapixel phone and dedicated camera image, The Scotsman quoted Nuttall, as saying.
He added: “The only issue is one of size. In a phone there just isn”t room for a big zoom lens, and that is where traditional cameras do have an advantage.”
Other features of the Samsung phone include built-in satellite navigation, eight gigabytes of storage space for music and high-speed wireless internet access. (ANI)
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in France, Italy - Oct 05, 2011
- iPhone 4S launched in India starting Rs.44,500 - Nov 25, 2011
- iPhone 4S hits Indian stores, starts at Rs.44,500 (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Nokia launches 808 PureView for Rs.33,899 in India - Jun 13, 2012
- New curvilinear camera adds a zoom to the 'human eye' - Jan 18, 2011
- Intel-powered smartphone, tablet to enter market in 2012 - Dec 22, 2011
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S3 - May 04, 2012
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Choice the buzzword, as consumers pampered like never before (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 25, 2010
- Samsung unveils first tablet computer Galaxy Tab - Sep 04, 2010
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
- Space station cosmonauts to make 3D photo report - May 17, 2012
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- BlackBerry unveils new Bold and Pearl smartphones - Apr 27, 2010
- Canon India teams with FTII to hone film-making talent - Sep 27, 2010
Tags: compact digital cameras, digital camera magazine, digital compact cameras, korean firm, megapixel image, megapixel phone, paul nuttall, samsung phone, traditional cameras, wireless internet access