Nepali Congress smells rat over secret Madhesi-Maoist agreementJuly 12th, 2008 - 10:07 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu , July 12 (ANI): Nepali Congress leaders on Saturday said that the incidents that have occurred in the Constituent Assembly (CA) in connection with the demands raised by the Madhesi leaders have taken a serious turn.
According to Kantipur, during the partys central secretariat meeting at the PMs official residence, the leaders claimed that the Maoists have made some secret agreements with the Madhes-based parties.
Nepali Congress Vice-President and Minister for Peace and Reconstruction Ram Chandra Poudel said that the Madhes-based parties allowed the CA proceedings to move on only after reaching agreements with the Maoists.
He went on to claim that the remarks made by the leaders of the Madhesi parties and the Maoists were issues of concern.
The Nepali Congress called the central secretariat meeting to inform their CA members about the latest political development in the country.
Nepali Congress CA member Narayan Khadka said that the party leadership failed to understand the sentiments of hundreds of thousands of party cadres.
Likewise, other CA members suggested the party leadership needed to play a more effective role. (ANI)
- Nepal: UML to field its PM candidate today - Jul 19, 2010
- Fourth round of Nepal prime ministerial election today - Aug 06, 2010
- Nepal minister sounds warning to Maoist government - Jan 29, 2012
- Nepal Parliament to vote for a sixth time for post of PM - Sep 05, 2010
- Nepalese parliament to vote fifth time for post of PM - Aug 23, 2010
- Nepal parties reach power sharing deal - May 03, 2012
- New supplementary bill set to ease Madhes tensions - Jul 06, 2008
- Nepals Constituent Assembly session unlikely today as well - Jun 30, 2008
- Slapped politician is new Nepal PM - Feb 03, 2011
- Nepal PM gives in to Maoists to survive ouster bid - Aug 01, 2011
- Constituent Assembly amendment Bill likely to be tabled in Nepal today - Jul 07, 2008
- Third round of Nepal prime ministerial election today - Aug 02, 2010
- Maoist, UML pass up Madhes issues in statute amendment - Jun 29, 2008
- Nepal PM poll deferred to Monday - Aug 18, 2010
- Nepal Maoists want only Prachanda as Prime Minister - Jun 10, 2010
Tags: ca members, central secretariat, congress leaders, constituent assembly, hundreds of thousands, maoist, maoists, narayan khadka, nepali congress, party leadership, peace, proceedings, ram chandra, reconstruction, secret agreements, secretariat, sentiments, vice president